Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Yankee Jukebox Shop

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
1974 31' Excella 500
Winchester , New Hampshire
79 Argosy 30 center bath WIRING DIAGRAM

Hi All, Might anyone have a wiring schematic for my 79 Argosy 30 with center bath? I seem to have a lack of 110v and can't easily trace the wiring. Also, believe it or not, this thing has no gauge panel. The holding tanks have harness plugs all neatly coiled up, but not connected, and there's absolutely no evidence of a gauge panel. Thanks in advance!
mrjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Hi mrjukebox, My 1979 Argosy 30 A does not have a guage panel either. That was an upgrade option.
The 120 volt enters the trailer thru the rear of the trailer at the circuit breaker panel. Then ac current goes to the polarity light, then the Univolt receptacle. Next, it goes to a rear bedroom receptacle, a forward bedroom receptacle, the bath receptacle, the exterior outlet, the refrigerator outlet, the galley (kitchen outlet), then to the forward outlet near the front streetside (in living area.)
Hope this helps. The other circuit is for the air conditioner.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Yankee Jukebox Shop

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
1974 31' Excella 500
Winchester , New Hampshire
Thanks, found the problem with the 110. Someone had screwed with the wiring as it entered the fuse panel, and while the AC worked, they had the outlet circuit wired so both the black AND white wires were ganged to the breaker! Thus I had no netural leg and no power at the plugs. I thought I'd have to rip the entire thing apart. Goes to show you that start where stupid people have been and you'll usually fix everything. I'm glad I did some ripping open though, I found that the same wire from the circuit panel had been gnawed to bare on all leads just behind the wall where the breaker box mounts, but if I hadn't opened the wall and peeked inside, I never would have seen the problem. Thanks for your help!

Oh yea, so if the panel was an "upgrade option" is there a reasonable way to retrofit such a panel now? I figured I'd ask rather than reinvent the wheel.

Chris
mrjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote