Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
50 amp to 30 amp

Well...I reserved a spot in Henderson state park in Destin for a couple of nights and did not realize that it was a 50 amp setup until I went back on the site to check what I had.
I just got a 50 to 30 amp adapter plug and I am now glad I have this because I dont have to worry about where I park for now on.Man I am glad they had this in stock.
Just wondering about who else uses these adapters when they are traveling or have ever even thought about purchasing one of these?Seems like a great thing to have on the list but I wonder how many people really take the motivation to get one.I did not really think about it until I had seen what the sites electrical amps were.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Yes I carry one because sometimes the only site that is left is a 50 amp site. But I refuse to pay the 50 amp site upcharge if it is the only site they have available. Usually they are pull thrus because alot of the big A's use them and they do not want to disconnect their toad for just the evening.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi devoman...

often 50 amp sites will also have plugs for 30 and 15amp inside the box...

these adapters are sometimes called dogbones...
because of the look...with a knob on each end...

over time and with lots of camping i've learned to carry

50 to 30 amp

30 to 15 amp

15 to 30 amp

marinco 30 amp to standard 30 amp....

and a pile of knobs with male/female combos....

and a extra of the most used ones...

it's good to have lots of combos,

like the adapters for international travel,

never know what plug combo may be available or needed....

oh and on your tank sensor with the teflon tape...

i just installed all new sensors this week.
the micropulse manual DOES state to wrap threads with ptfe tape before screwing in and hand tightening...so yours were done correctly....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thanks

Thanks for the info on the sensor.Mine does not leak anymore since I had retaped it.Now on to the fresh water tank leak in the future.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
We were at a rally and all the sites were 50 amp only, many sites that have both 50 and 30 amp it seems like the 50's are in the best condition. When I see that I will use the 50 adapter instead of the 30.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
BJo
1 Rivet Member

Adapter?

We never considered that we might need one - seemed that 30 was always available. However, on our last trip out we were in elevations & when we stopped for the night we knew I would have to use my oxygen concentrator. Guess what, only 50 amp available (first time ever for that situation). I squeaked by with what I had in my portable tanks, but we remedied that situation the following day! Now that we have one we'll probably never need it.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
50 Amp service only on a campsite drives me nuts. The adapter is not that expensive but it is them telling themselves or us with 30 Amp something... Henderson State Park (Destin) is in one of the best areas for beach camping. Probably the prettiest beaches in the world and yet as a state beach, they are doing that? I'm mad.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
As a owner of a class "A" airstream motorhome, we have trouble finding campsites with 50amp service. We know 30 amps are sufficent to run a refridgerator and 1 ac unit, we sometimes would like to use most of the things we paid for. Our onboard generator will run everything at once and still have some watts leftover, but we like to be considerate to our fellow campers
Old 08-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
50 Amp adapter

Hi, O.K. you guys just spent more of my money. I don't have a 50 Amp adapter yet, but after reading these posts, I will have one soon. I do have the 15 Amp adapter though.
Thank You.

Bob
Old 08-11-2006, 06:10 AM   #10
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Adapter

In the long run of things I am glad I now have the adapter.I also have a 15 to 30 amp also so all is now covered.There have been a few times though when I would be setting up at campsites and there would be three or four slot for 50,30 and 15 amps.I am also thinking that Henderson state Park will have these at all of there sites that are big.I was lucky to get this spot.This place is never empty.The park is always full because of it location and scenery.I did get a big site though set up for a 38 foot RV.When I get there this sunday I will let everyone know how the electrical setup is.I am thinking it has got all of them but I could be wrong.