Old 07-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marietta , Georgia
Here's a solution:

Here is a link to where I bought it:

Here's the information from the manufacturer:

Does your RV trip park breakers, limiting air conditioner or appliance use?
The JTB Power Solution lets you run your 50 amp RV in a 30 amp park without tripping breakers so you can operate both your RV air conditioners at the same time from 30 amp park power. The JTB Power Solution is a power management tool that allows you to use the typical RV hook-up (30 amp main service with auxiliary 20 amp circuit or GFCI) to power appliances in your RV.
The JTB Power Solution is automatic, so there are no switches or meters to monitor. Traditional "cheater boxes" will not work with your RV if the power pole has a GFCI outlet . The "cheater box" will cause the GFCI to trip every time--in just a matter of minutes--when both air conditioners are running.

How Does It Work?
The JTB Power Solution automatically configures the available power in a typical RV park (30 amp main circuit and 20 Amp circuit or GFCI auxiliary) for use in your RV. Once the JTB Power Solution is installed, you simply plug your existing power cord into the 30 amp service and plug the additional power cord (added to your RV with the JTB Power Solution installation) into the 20 amp circuit or GFCI.

The JTB Power Solution is the only power management tool on the market that will allow you to put the full 50 amps of service available at a typical RV park's 30 amp power pole to work in your RV, whether the 20 amp auxiliary outlet is a GFCI or not. Once installed, you will be able to run both of your RV air conditioners at the same time to keep your RV cool, or run other appliances with a single air conditioner simultaneously.

The JTB Power Solution solves other power management problems too. Take the JTB Quiz below to learn about the full benefits of a JTB Power Solution!

Is the JTB Power Solution the Answer to Your Electrical Power Management Problems?

Are you having power problems with your RV?
Do you have problems blow drying your hair due to circuit overload?
Are you tripping your air conditioner circuit breaker due to overload?
Are you tripping breakers when connected to the RV park power?
Are you using a manual power management device that directs the power load of your RV from one appliance to another?
Are you replacing your power cord plug due to excessive heat?
Are you using a "cheater box" that will not work with GFCI outlets?
Are you tripping breakers to the washer and dryer in your 30 amp or 50 amp RV?
Are you tripping the second air conditioner circuit breaker in your 30 amp or 50 amp RV?
Do you want to add another circuit for an air conditioner, washer and dryer, microwave or other appliance?
Do you just want to provide more amps to your RV?
Problems Solved!!!
Powers your 50 amp RV in a 30 amp state park by using the 20 amp GFCI receptacle
Eliminates GFCI tripping at typical RV hook-ups--works with GFCI hook-ups in all RV parks
Eliminates need for running generator to operate two air conditioners--prohibited in many parks
Allows unlimited use of both air conditioners in all RVS---Travel Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes
Allows use of one air conditioner and another appliance such as a microwave simultaneously
Lets you use your hair dryer without blowing circuit in all 50 amp or 30 amp RVs
- See more at:

Here are the specs:

If you are interested in one I have one new-in-the box on Atlanta Craigslist for less than half price!

Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #30
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The JTB may work although the information above doesn't explain how it works (I didn't look on the link). I guess it limits the draw from the 20 amp plug on the pedestal to 20 amps.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
What is not mentioned in the advertising is how the user configures the circuit breakers in the box and whether the circuit breaker box has to be 120Vac or 240Vac.

One can move the breakers in a 240Vac box so the second leg (now 20 amp) powers the other gear or the air conditioner only.

For a lot less money at camping world, one can purchase a 50 amp female by two 30 amp male plugs with a 30 amp receptacle to 15 amp male plug adapter to accomplish the same thing. Plus one can chose which leg gets the greater power per your trailer circuit wiring setup.

50 Amp 125/250V RV Female - (2) 30 Amp RV Male Plugs Y-Adapter with Powersmart LED's - Furrion F5431RY-SB - Electrical Cords - Camping World
WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #32
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I don't know how it works or if it works but for $700 to $900 be sure you have a money back guarantee that it does work.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I added the 2d A/C to my 28' Intl last summer. Had JC install it. I did NOT want a 50 amp service due to the mega cord. They simply added a box in the rear wardrobe and added a second 30amp input above the cable tv plug in. I purchased a 50amp plug-in with two 30's. IF I want to use the 2d A/C, I use the campground's 50amp service and run two 30 amp power cables. It works just fine, and both the 15,000 BTU and 13,500 BTU A/C's operate perfectly.

"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote