Old 04-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' International
Nixa , Missouri
2 Electrical wireing questions

We have a 1980 international and are doing a remodel. Today I took the medicine cabinet off the wall in the bathroom and there is a hole about the size of a quarter that has several wires in it.
Yellow with nothing hooked to it that seems to be a hot wire
White with nothing hooked to it that seems to be a ground wire
2 smaller blue with a white stripe that are hooked to the furnace thermostat

A Red,Green,Brown, and Purple wire that are just cut off, and sticking out.
Does anyone know what the cut off wires are for or where they are supposed to go?

Second Question, We are installing a gas/electric refrigerator, it came with a small electric only frig.
Behind the frig is a Yellow wire and a White wire. I believe the White wire is a ground.
There is no juice to the Yellow wire though.
Can anyone tell me how to trace the Yellow wire to see where the problem might be or where to find the other end of it so I could test and see if it will carry current, and what and maby where is it supposed to start, and get it's juice.

Thanks for any advise , from 30+ years in a truck I know what a pain electrical can be.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The yellow wire may go back to the 12 volt breaker panel and just not be hooked to a breaker having been wire for a frig but not used.

Airstream should have published a wiring diagram for the answer to your other questions. They generally hold color codes from year to year so even a diagrm from anothe year should get you started.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' International
Nixa , Missouri
Thanks, I have not been able to find a color coded wiring diagram for it. I am sure there must be one somewhere. As you might have already figured out I am not the most computer savvy person on here. Seems I have spent more time looking in the archives than I have spent working on the trailer.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Look through this page.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001

Or call Jackson Center they should have records.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Charlevoix , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by the frog View Post
A Red,Green,Brown, and Purple wire that are just cut off, and sticking out.
Does anyone know what the cut off wires are for or where they are supposed to go?

Given that the furnace thermostat wires are coming out of the same location, maybe these are for the air conditioner unit?
Old 04-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' International
Nixa , Missouri
Thanks.
I just called Jackson Center. I was told that they don't have any records on trailers as old as 1980. They had a fire some years ago and lost the old records. He said I might have to take the interior out to trace the wire. I'm not going to do that for one wire. Of coarse they had no idea on the other wires either. I looked at the link you sent but it isn't clear enough to help.