Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2014, 04:45 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
NSB , Florida
1972 Safari electrical panel

The panel in our new baby is in poor shape and unreadable. Does anyone have a photo so I know what I'm looking at? Also, is there anywhere I can get an owner's manual? thanks.
projector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
The owner's manual may be available on Airstream.com. Airstream has posted copies of many of the old owner's manuals there.

I replaced the "115v load center", or circuit breaker box on my 66 Trade Wind. I also replaced the 12v fuse panel. These are two distinct electrical boxes in the trailer.

The circuit breaker box looks similar to the one in your home, only smaller. My old one was about 8" square. It was located in the street side rear wall behind the "medicine cabinet" door. There was a main breaker of 20 amp, and two 15 amp breakers protecting the 115v outlets in the trailer. The shore power cord goes directly to the circuit breaker box.

The 12v fuse panel was located in the back storage compartment of my 66 Trade Wind. The purpose of this fuse panel is to protect the trailer from shorts like a seized fan motor. Your 12v battery or the converter feed this fuse panel.

Sorry, I can't post pictures due to limited bandwidth in this campground. I'll try again when we move to a better WiFi.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote