Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
Torrance , California
1970 Safari contol board issues

Ok, my first post did not seem to make it on the forums, maybe it does not like me (the smilies probably do not work for me either!! (smile)

Anyway, the control panel lights come on dim when I turn on the water pump, check the water/grey levels or use a light in the coach. See the picture.

Flicking the pump switch or the "night light" switch on the panel, will make them go off most of the time. Flicking any light will cause them to go on but NOT off, sometime the pump switch will turn them off.

Any ideas as to cause/repair? I was thinking a poor ground possibly, but that does not seem to be the issue.

I would consider replacing the whole unit if there is something that I can install in its place that would use the existing sensors for the tanks (all original) and hopefully fit in the same area behind the panel without destroying the panel. I would consider a new panel controlled by the existing switches and using the existing light socket to hold whatever type of light is needed. I can wire and solder with the best of them and can do some pretty heavy duty "modifications" if necessary. Brand and model would be appreciated if you think you have a solution.

If it is a "total" gut and replace, again brand/model and what do I do about the existing sensors and wiring if I move the panel somewhere else (really don't like that too much as the wiring to the tanks is going to be a problem)

Thanks everyone in advance, I love this forum, always good advice !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panel 1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	280015   Click image for larger version

Name:	panel 2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	280016  

Click image for larger version

Name:	panel 3.jpg