Old 08-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Joliet , SW of Chicago
Smile Yeah! We found ours!

After many, many inquiries, weekend RV shows, countless articles, subscribing to Airstream mag, and reading numerous Airforum postings, as of 8/8/08, my husband and I became the proud "new" owners of a beautiful 1994 30' AS Excella 1000 with a front galley and rear queen size bedroom. That was our lucky day!! We're tickled silly, and laugh often at our good fortune to own our first AS. While our AS does not have a name yet, she seems to be a well-cared for seasoned traveler with a couple of road scars which adds to her charm. Of course, we were too anxious to relax on our return trip home, but from first-hand experience, can say that Cracker Barrels are most hospitable!! Ten days later, we took our first real camping trip to Starved Rock SP, Utica, IL, which is a 75 minute trip West on I-80 from home and expect to go again later this fall. We are enjoying the excitement of the moment and look forward to taking those trips we've had in our minds for years.

Thank you for this website and the gazillion experiences people have shared; it is encouraging to know there are people who will readily offer their assistance and expertise. We are confused, however, about the available clubs to join. Do we want a club? We learned the red numbers on our AS mean that someone belonged to the WBCCI club; we have app for the Airstream RV that the same? What are the advantages to joining/not joining? What do the blue numbers mean? So many questions....

Dave and Kathi
Joliet, IL

Lucy749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
You have a great experience ahead of you. Be safe, have fun...zz

avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Dave and Kathi, welcome and congrats on the purchase of your Airstream! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. Please share some pictures of your Excella with us.

The red numbers do mean that at one time, the owner of your Airstream was a member of the WBCCI (which is the same as the Airstream RV Association). You can call and find out if those same numbers are still available. Blue numbers are your forums member numbers, and some opt to put them on their coach as well.

Happy travels!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums and, yes, do post photos of your coach. There are so few front kitchen models and I'm sure everyone would be interested in seeing yours. My wife and I both love to cook so we would have liked to have one or the extra kitchen counter space, but thought the bunk beds in the 30' Safari made more sense with our two boys.

Again, welcome.
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote