Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Sheboygan , Wisconsin
Smile Wisconsin kayaker

After several pop-ups and truck campers over the years,I took the plunge and traded for a new 17' Safari Sport. My friends now refer to me as "1/2 Pint" since I acquired this "little guy". Since I travel alone, the amount of space it provides is just right for my needs. This little guy is a gem to own. It's a joy to tow and gets me in some tight places that larger units would have to pass up. Would appreciate comments from others who have the same unit.

Marty V. in Sheboygan, Wi
Born2kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Hi Marty,

Welcome to the forums! You're going to find a lot of great information here, if you haven't already. We don't have the same unit as you, but at least we got the state right We're actually going to be over in your neck of the woods next weekend for an "informal" WI WBCCI unit gathering at Kohler-Andrae. If you don't have plans, feel free to stop by and meet a bunch of other Streamers!

If you haven't lurked here before, you may or may not know that everyone here LOVES to see pics, so be sure to post some for us curious people. Best wishes for many adventures with "1/2 pint" (I think that would be a great name for him!!!), and we hope to see you down the road!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome Marty,

Glad to have you here with us and congratulations on your new AS.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

We are also kayakers and take Violet everywhere we go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4237.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	90132  
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi Marty - welcome again! Ever paddled the Fox? I've sure got to get up that direction. We've spent a lot of time on the Bois Brule east of Superior -- classic old lodges along open boat whitewater and the piney-est state forest campground ever at Brule. Though our big 25 footer limits us to a handful of slots in there. You'd fare much better with your 'little guy.' Hope we hear a lot about your adventures!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Sheboygan , Wisconsin
Wisconsin paddling

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome. I've never paddled the Fox but it looks like an interesting river to explore. I've spent time on the Wolf & Flambeau which are wonderful rivers to paddle. The National Forest campsite called Boulder Lake in the Nicolet National Forest is close to the Wolf and has a loop of electric sites along with generous size pads. I do the bulk of my paddling in Door County which offers a wide variety of paddling options.

Best regards & paddling.

Marty
Born2kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Wisconsin Paddling

Welcome to the Forums.Sound's like our path's might have crossed. We did a lot of OC2 white water on the Wolf and Pike etc.Spent lots of time at White Water Spec. and Bear Paw Adventure Resort.
We stpd the White Wtr. now its all Sea Kayak,esp. Door County. Just did 2 weeks in Sept.What a Beautiful place,and if bad on the west go to the east shore. Maybe we will see you there nxt. season. Wait a minute ! Did we meet at Penn. State Park this Year ? We were the 20 Ft. Saf./Avalanche w Kayaks on top. Feel free to PM us.
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Welcome Marty from Fond du Lac. Good to see more Airstreams in the neighborhood. As Jay mentioned, you are welcome to visit a WI WBCCI rally or luncheon. We have a great group that enjoys informal camping. Be sure to read some of the past newsletters at WBCCI website. It'll give you an idea of past events and what you can expect for 2010. Let me know if you have questions along the way. Welcome to this forum. It's a good one. Enjoy you new Airstream.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2010 16' Sport
Madison , Wisconsin
Hello all,
thought i would say hello to all in WI! We love our 1/2 pint 16 footer, great for recently converted tent campers.
Anyone have any suggestions for camping in Price county? We would like tohike and have a lakefront campsite??
boutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by boutdoors View Post
Hello all,
thought i would say hello to all in WI! We love our 1/2 pint 16 footer, great for recently converted tent campers.
Anyone have any suggestions for camping in Price county? We would like tohike and have a lakefront campsite??
Hello fellow Madisonian!!! (Well, I grew up there anyway ). It's always nice to see "Streamers" so close by!

Sorry we don't have any info to offer for Price. We'd like to do more camping up north sometime, but haven't been able to as of yet. We just spent this past Sat. night at Devil's Lake; a quick, impromptu getaway, but it was perfect!!! Beautiful weather, not overcrowded yet... just awesome.

Have you had a chance to get your new AS out yet? Would love to hear where you've been so far...
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Wamego , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikayaker View Post
"I do the bulk of my paddling in Door County which offers a wide variety of paddling options."
As luck would have it Mrs. 'Berg is in Sister Bay as I type this, visiting a local artist who's also a business associate. Next time you're up there stop in at Pipka's Of Door County gallery and studio -- tell 'em Mark sent you.

Congratulations on your 1/2-Pint and Stream safe!

Best,

'Berg