Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #1

1962 19' Globetrotter
kenton , New Jersey
wiring diagram and polish

does anyone have a wiring diagram for any airstream made in the year 1962?

when i registered at this site, there was no 1962 land yachts listed, so i image any wiring diagram from that year will do.

are there any other polishes that might work?
Kathy Lachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
HI Kathy,

I'm not positive, But I don't think they made manuals for the trailers in that era. I have seen some members post diagrams here that they have made, maybe someone else will chime in.

As for polish, check out the website below, it's the procedure many of us use. If there is any clearcoat on the trailer, that would have to be removed prior to polishing.
Use the search function in the blue bar above to search terms such as clearcoat, polish, nuvite, oxidation.

Good luck,
Dave

Home
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome to the Forums Kathy!

Dave is right...there weren't owner's manuals until '64. They did sometimes include loose leaf pamplets & brochures to some of the appliances...but most of the time these get separated from the trailer over time...and wouldn't have included wirirng diagrams. I do have a '64 wiring diagram, which probably won't help, but if you want a copy, PM me & let me know...I'll send a .pdf

Also, the good news with regards to polishing is...you most likely don't have clearcoat as it was not offered as an option until 1964. Of course, a previous owner may have clearcoated it...but that's not likely. There is lots & lots of info on polishing here on the forums as well...the search feature will draw them out. FWIW, we polished ours using the Perfect Polish approach too...

Anyway, welcome aboard & happy posting!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #4

1962 19' Globetrotter
kenton , New Jersey
no wiring diagrams made in 1962? does anyone know where the cable harnesses might be?
i've been looking at all the information available on polishing. after reading the perfect polish, if i were to compound with nuvite G6 and polish with
nuvite F7, would this be enough?
i measured my trailer from bumper to tongue and it is 22 1/2 feet long.
does this mean i have a 1962 safari instead of a globetrotter? it has a porthole window in the front door.
Kathy Lachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Most likely its a Safari or a Flying Cloud. Look at RJ's Vintage Airstream Photo's for serial numbers and pixs that will help you determine what you have. My 62 & 63s have wiring diagrams pasted on the wall inside a closet.
Not sure which cable harness you are looking for but there are only two places whare the 12 volt wiring is accessible w/o removing an inside skin. Usually there's a removable AL plate underneath the trailer just behind the Aframe. Also there may be another removable plate about 6"v6" down near the floor on the front passenger side inside wall. This is behind the furniture that occupies the front of the coach.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote