Old 10-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #15
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Good luck with the T@b. They are similarly cool....

I have a prediction: Your wife will want to stop at Airstream dealers just too look.....

1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1973 23' Safari
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Yankers... You may want to have a look at the Liberty/diesel towing discussion here. Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Towing with our 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (turbodiesel)

Airstreams..... The best towing trailers on the planet!
Road Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
T @ B ainst so bad! We had one at a teardrop gathering that we organize. The T @ B's have a rear outdoor galley which is great too.

campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
Ledyard , Connecticut
Sold our T@B for an Airstream

We sold our T@B in July after towing it for two years first with a volvo xc70 wagon, then a F150 V6. Our dream was always an Airstream but we couldn't justify the price back then. We loved that little T@B. Ours was the L shaped galley layout with the full closet and tent attachment. With the 2 Goldens we found we had a lot of gear to set up each time we camped. We thought about the TADA when it hit the market this summer, but it's main limitation was the fact that the ceiling height is only 5'9", same as the T@B, my husband could not stand up in either. We also thought it was a little pricey, not that the original T@B could be considered inexpensive! It was just our luck that a 4 year old Airstream showed up on Craigslist and was located at the other end of the state. The price we paid for the AS was the same or less than the TADA.

I know you will love the TADA, they are cool, but if your dream is an Airstream, you will not have the TADA forever. If it is like the T@B, you will get a decent price for it when you sell it in a couple years.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention, I hope you like company. We always had to give tours of the T@B whenever we camped. You will have lots of new friends who just have to take a peek! Enjoy it.

Sir Logan Foxhall, OAP, OJP, NAC, NCC, CL1, PS1, PJ1, CGC
Sir Blaze Foxhall, Let the Games Begin!!!

The more I try to understand people, the better I like my dog.
rettoc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Venice , California
We saw the new T@da at the RV show in Pomona and it looks like a fun trailer...I had seen the post that someone here on the forums that provided a link to it so I made a point of stopping to see sure you are going to love looks like an Airstream cousin for sure......anyway, it is all about the camping......hope to see you on the road......pj
Paula & Ed
Suite Spot
Bandit our Boxer
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #20
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Not a bad idea. We started with a used hybrid to see if we liked using a camper and then upgraded. At least you went with something intereresting and not just a boring old box! I've swapped tours with T@b owners- I'd like to see the T@da. Good luck and enjoy it!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #21
1 Rivet Short
1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Yeah, it's fine to go with the SOB...but we all suspect you'll be back in the future!

One more comment on the TV; all the same precautions apply. That is a very short wheel base vehicle, that is the issue, not the motor, etc. No amount of hp and torque can accomodate for that. Please be VERY careful towing with that Jeep ( Not knocking Jeeps-I love Jeeps-I have owned 3! But they are not good TV's).

Good luck, Bill

*Life is Good-Camping all around the Continent*
*Good people drink good beer-Hunter S Thompson*
BillTex is offline   Reply With Quote