Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
In the 3.5 years I've owned one, the few family and friends I have that already own SOB's have all replaced theirs at least once. That's not inexpensive even for a SOB. I remain completely satisfied in mine, and confident it will retain it's physical integrity. I don't think SOB owners can say that after a few years.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

"Sounds like I need to get my wife to Alumapalooza this year. Since it's close to home for us (and since we don't own a trailer), do you think just a one-day trip there would be sufficient/worthwhile if we did the factory tour and talked to Streamers for a bit?"

Moosie,

YES.....Rivet Fever is very contagious.

Try this phone number and see if you can get the info you need.

Good Luck

Mar8
"As of today we have 148 confirmed site reservations, so only 52 spaces remain. That might seem like there’s plenty of time, but they will fill up quickly in the next few weeks. Great entertainment, and lots of fun make Alumapalooza the “must attend” event of the year! So if you’re considering coming to Alumapalooza and don’t want to risk being shut out, check the registration form today, or call us at 802-877-2900 ext 4. See you in Ohio this summer!"

Bob
Old 03-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Visalia , California
You and your wife are going through what a lot of people do prior to buying. We started out with my wife wanting an Airstream and me wanting to spend as little as we could, we retired three years ago and had never owned an RV. So, I won, we bought a Keystone Bullet to see if we liked the traveling RV life. We owned the Bullet for two years, took it back to North Carolina three times. On our way home the third trip the slide out cable pulled out of the side of the slide, this was after having to have the roof resealed, the slide out top had to have a roll out awning put on it to keep the water out. We were able to get the slide out pushed back in and blocked in with two by fours (with the help of a very nice campground mang) and drove home to California form Tenn. with no slide out. It was repaired at a Keystone dealer, while my wife and I started looking a Airstreams again. We felt after making three trips to North Carolina in two years that the Keystone Bullet was on it's last leg.

So, we took the Bullet to our Airstream dealer and made the move, bought our Airstream . We took it back to North Carolina last year and what a difference! Got better mileage, towed way better and felt the quality of a well made product. After our three months on the road with the Airstream last year it was well worth the price.

I think the old saying "you get what you pay for" is true.

Good luck
ThreeFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Classic
crystal lake , Illinois
My hubby just asked if I wanted to go away for a few days, even though we just had vacation last month. My reply which even shocked him, "I had rather go camping"!
We looked at several other campers before we bought the stream, they just aren't even comparable as far as I was concerned. We were lucky with our purchase, we bought out 2008 classic from a couple getting divorced. They had bought it for retirement and realized they didn't like each other, used it 3 times. And, we only paid $39,000 while it looked like it came right out of the show room! Still more than we wanted to spend, but worth the investment. And, there is a great financing company called Penfed. You don't have to be a military member, if you aren't you pay a small fee to join (40 maybe). I think our interest rate was under 3% where other places charge 6% or more.
Good luck convincing the wife, if she has any questions have her contact me. I love ours! And, have tons of pictures, etc..
Doglady is offline   Reply With Quote