Old 09-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1972 21' Globetrotter
nc , North Carolina
where is everyone

they are all buffing, polishing and remodeling. don't have time to go.

rock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
It's been a while since I broached this subject, but if you do the math, dependent upon what the weekly output of the Jackson Center factory, the number of Airstreams that get injected into the US annually is minuscule compared to the total RV market. Spread that output across the US and you might understand why your Airstream viewing might be limited.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #17
1 Rivet Short
1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Welcome, we had a Trail-Lite before our Excella. Really enjoyed that camper and had lots of good times with it.
AS stewardship is something different though. You might say it is equivalent to the Harley experience; yes there are other machines with two wheels but, nothing else is like riding a Harley. Just as with HD, an AS can be the last camper you ever buy-they really can (and do) last for decades. We have put thousands of miles on ours, they tow great, are obviously well constructed, and very comfortable to live in. The quality will become obvious the more you live in your AS. When you own an AS, you have the best money can buy

It is also true that we are often the only AS in some of the places we camp, and always get lots of glances and inquiries. Lots of folks say “I always wanted one of those…” Well we have ours, and plan to have it for many years…

Our AS is ten years older than our last SOB, and that is OK with us (as much as we liked our Trail-Lite, I am pretty sure there wouldn’t be much left after 17 years of use like our AS!). True I see lots of brand new SOB’s when we travel, and they can be had for a lot less than a new AS, but few of those will ever live up to the kind of use an AS can handle…
BillTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1973 27' Overlander
Columbia , South Carolina
We just bought our first AS this summer and I have been with SOB since I was a little guy camping with the grand parents (from mini motors, TT, truck campers with a number of brands). I have to say there is camping and then there is camping in an Airstream. There is just something about it! I know ours is a 73 and we have some work to do on it but the quality and value as well as resale no SOB can beet that. I have to say I can not see my family ever being with out an AS.
Happy Camping
McLogger, AIR # 16452
1973 27' Overlander
McLogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
Welcome to the Aluminum world. All of the above are true. However, I suspect most 'streamers are like us...we stay off the interstates and cruise the back roads and enjoy rural America...the main reason we bought an Airstream in the first place. Enjoy.
Scott & Bev
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
i had a different experience this past Spring. I pulled my 34 down to New Orleans for Jazz Fest and stayed in the only campground in the NOLA area that had not been commandeered by FEMA - Mardis Gras RV Park.

I was there for ten days. At one point we had a Airstream B Van on one side of us - and and 90's Safari on the other side of us and there was another Airstream parked in the row behind us at the same time. Four AS's in the park out of about twenty rigs total that weekend.

munimula is offline   Reply With Quote