Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Dreaming of Streaming
2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
It sure is pretty. Happy Trails!

"chaos? oh man that sounds like FUN! if i put ON a name tag, can i take OFF my clothes?" 2airishuman
Pink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Who do? I would ;)

Originally Posted by redstart View Post
And who backs up a Class A motorhome!!

Safe travels!
I back up 53' trailers several times a night in to tight spots, but I understand what you mean. Sorry about Dimples' dimples. Let us know how Progressive works out

Catman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Welcome, congrats, and ......sorry! At least you got that first "uh-oh" out of the way fast..

It's a beauty! Enjoy

Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1997 30' Limited
Omaha , Nebraska
The final word on "Dimples"

On Jan 6, we picked up "Dimples" at JC. Of course she had no dimples thanks to the fine workmanship of the JC technicians. We also had some other work done including new higher rated (5000#) axles installed and a thorough inspection.

The other party's Progressive Insurance fulfilled their part as they should have. $4500 for AS repairs, $2400 pain and suffering, $1400 transporting trailer from Omaha to JC in October and JC to Omaha three months later.

We were impressed with Progressive enough to change our AS' policy to Progressive in December.

We enjoyed traveling with our new trailer to the southwest directly from picking it up from JC. It is superbly comfortable, tows like a dream, and makes a great home. I especially like the real oak floors, 3/4' real oak woodwork, heat pump, super comfortable couch, openness with multiple windows, skylights, etc., and all the top-of the line features and accessories. I want to master the convection oven (If I could just read the key-pad!) and fix the fart-eradicator fan in the privy.

We are always surprised at the attention we get because of her. People of all ages pass us on the highway and give us the "thumbs up", they make a point to stop on their daily walks for a visit, even multi-megabuck class A owners see us as equals admitting they at sometime had considered an AS. We, of course, like the chance to meet and talk with new friends that, perhaps, we would not have met with our SOB trailer.

7000 miles later we returned home. Now we can't wait to get back on the road again. Next major trip will be to visit the kids in Vancouver, BC, this late summer and fall. We hope to take 3 to 4 months this time.

Anyway, thank you for the kind and supportive words. I still have a difficult time looking at the pictures of the "Dimples".

Rig: '97 30' Limited
Towed by: '13 Silverado 2500 Duramax

WBCCI #22116
JimW is offline   Reply With Quote