Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #15
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,110
Images: 1
Thumbs up Congrat's.....

......safe travels.

Your next mission....photo's!!

Bob
__________________

__________________
“We were young and knew nothing...now we're old and everyone else knows everything.”
RLC

"It is more wiser to ponder all things with diligent suspicion, than follow with blind assumption."
RLC




"Tahawus"
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
 
ILOVESALLY's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari SS SE
Sarasota , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnlvrs View Post

We've already talked about the Keys for this summer. (yea!) My husband knows I've always wanted to go. Lived in Miami when I was very young, 4-5 yrs old. That's only been....oh....50 or so years ago....Yikes! Sounds bad when you say it like that!
Try Baha'i Honda state park. Jewel of the keys. Sunshine Key is adjacent if you want full hookup. We d take kayaks trough pass to the State park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2635529709.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	612.5 KB
ID:	181371  
__________________

__________________
LoveSally
ILOVESALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
Rivet Master
 
Taylormade's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 790
Images: 23
Blog Entries: 2
Congrats from just up the road! Bahia Honda is our favorite SP in Florida, but it's tough to get one of the pristine spots reserved. Long Key SP is also a good one, but not quite as pretty.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new Airstream!
Taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master
 
Bruce B's Avatar

 
2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,467
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnlvrs View Post
Wow! Where all did y'all go?! Sounds like so much fun! It will be about a year (retirement for my husband) before we will be able to take extended trips, except regular vacations. But,we're looking forward to "off season" trips in the future.
Let's see,
RI to Tennessee for a trip down The Tail of The Dragon in the Smokey Mountains. Then through Georgia to Florida where we camped our way to Ft Lauderdale so Dorsey could run a half marathon. Into the Keys and from there to Flamingo in the Everglades. On to one of our favorites, Ft DeSoto in St Petersburg for kayaking, bike riding and way to much good eating. We left Florida for Edisto Beach in South Carolina. From there we met a bunch of really wonderful Airstreamers at Alumolina near Charlotte North Carolina, great fun!
On our way home now we drove to the eastern shore of Virginia. We took our trailer on the Lewes to Cape May ferry and then stayed in New Jersey for a night before a trip to the dealer and a trailer wellness check. Tonight we are camped in the snow at Croton Point Park on the Hudson River in NY, one of the most beautiful parks we have been in. Tomorrow we will be home.....
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
 
ILOVESALLY's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari SS SE
Sarasota , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 152
Wow. Can't wait to take trips like that when we retire.
__________________
LoveSally
ILOVESALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member
 
Mtnlvrs's Avatar
 
2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
Let's see,
RI to Tennessee for a trip down The Tail of The Dragon in the Smokey Mountains. Then through Georgia to Florida where we camped our way to Ft Lauderdale so Dorsey could run a half marathon. Into the Keys and from there to Flamingo in the Everglades. On to one of our favorites, Ft DeSoto in St Petersburg for kayaking, bike riding and way to much good eating. We left Florida for Edisto Beach in South Carolina. From there we met a bunch of really wonderful Airstreamers at Alumolina near Charlotte North Carolina, great fun!
On our way home now we drove to the eastern shore of Virginia. We took our trailer on the Lewes to Cape May ferry and then stayed in New Jersey for a night before a trip to the dealer and a trailer wellness check. Tonight we are camped in the snow at Croton Point Park on the Hudson River in NY, one of the most beautiful parks we have been in. Tomorrow we will be home.....
Bruce
We really wanted to go to Alumolina to see what that was like, but ended up going to VA for the Bambi. I'm glad to hear that was fun. Being from Nashville originally, we went to Gatlinburg every fall when I was a kid. So pretty. Glad you've had such a great trip. My husband and I were just talking about future trips last night....again. (:
Mtnlvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #21
Rivet Master
 
Bruce B's Avatar

 
2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,467
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnlvrs View Post
We really wanted to go to Alumolina to see what that was like, but ended up going to VA for the Bambi. I'm glad to hear that was fun. Being from Nashville originally, we went to Gatlinburg every fall when I was a kid. So pretty. Glad you've had such a great trip. My husband and I were just talking about future trips last night....again. (:
Alumolina will be happening again next year for you to attend, Gatlinburg will be there as will the rest of this wonderful, beautiful country. You need to find a way to steal the time and just see these things. Whatever it takes, I say do it!

You have a great little trailer so join a club (we have joined the WBCCI and the local rallies are great fun, ours is a fun group), use the trailer every chance you get and just take the next year to shake it all down. The more you do, the more you will want to do. It is a lot of fun.....

Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member
 
Mtnlvrs's Avatar
 
2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmakala14 View Post
Try Baha'i Honda state park. Jewel of the keys. Sunshine Key is adjacent if you want full hookup. We d take kayaks trough pass to the State park.
That sounds wonderful! We have kayaks, too. I bought my husband one for Father's Day a couple of years ago...and myself....I couldn't let him go by himself, could I?
__________________

Mtnlvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.