Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #1

1970 27' Overlander
white post , Virginia
Cool We are newbees!!

We are new to Airstream trailers and want to know as much as possible. My hubbys boss GAVE us ours and it was and is a mess.............It had been in the woods almost 15 years,but when plugged it it still worked even the fridge! Cleaning tips would be appreciated... thanks
firehawk1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums!
About the cleaning, first, get a big shovel...Just kidding (I hope). As far as chemicals to use and stay away from, there are several threads about what people use to clean their coaches. A forum search for "cleaning" should net you several threads' worth of stuff to use, and what to stay away from. In a nutshell, anything that reacts badly with aluminum is a no-no.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Hi Firehawk and welcome. Try the search mode located in the blue stripe above and search for cleaners and cleaning. I'm sure you will find lots of info plus someone will step up here to help you. Someone with more knowledge and experience than me. Congrats on the reasonably priced trailer and good luck on its cleaning and restoration. joe
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote