Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhord View Post
I don't hate them when that happens.
Come on tits only one letter, himme a brake. Am I rong?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Come on tits only one letter, himme a brake. Am I rong?
I snow watt ewe mint.
vhord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Sneaking up on the photos lol...

Ok while nobody is looking I will proceed to get at least one picture in here...If this works...this is Angel pointing to the side where the broken window is located...as we were showing inland RV where it was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken windowAirstream'70 004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	76444  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Ta Dah!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Some of our work

Its cold again this A.M. so I thought I would attempt to post some pics (while I am still learning)...here I go... ...This one mural we did in Seymour Texas...it features the old courthouse in its center...much earlier ...we did this 'Coke' restoration in Munday Texas...coke would pay us 500.00 to find and restore their old wall signs that had faded into oblivion...this got old after awhile...I realized that painting coke colors was a lot like staring at neon light...lol! I will go through my picture portfolio and see if I can get the really good ones. Hope you folks like them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1225.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	76749   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1059.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	76750  

Old 03-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #26
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
Its cold again this A.M. so I thought I would attempt to post some pics (while I am still learning)...here I go... ...This one mural we did in Seymour Texas...it features the old courthouse in its center...much earlier ...we did this 'Coke' restoration in Munday Texas...coke would pay us 500.00 to find and restore their old wall signs that had faded into oblivion...this got old after awhile...I realized that painting coke colors was a lot like staring at neon light...lol! I will go through my picture portfolio and see if I can get the really good ones. Hope you folks like them.
GREAT WORK!!!!

Ever Consider an Airstream Theme? Say on the side of an Airstream........ Yours!

Would Love to see one!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
A few more pics

Well that worked...Our favorite mural is just outside of Seymour on the way to Wichita Falls...we did this about 16 years ago and I have heard it is still there today. This wealthy rancher wanted us to paint a 'homage' to his wife and then portray everything the ranch was about...this 150 ft. X 30 ft. is laced and outlined in broken mirrors (thousands of peices) This barn was a ribbed metal type so the angels of these mirrors allowed a lightshow sparkle as you passed...there are two large hologen light boxes about 100 ft away that illuminates it at night...this is the painting that got us discovered!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1081.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	76751   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1388.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	76752  

Name:	DSCF1403.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	76753  
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
and one more...

I think these are files of Breckenridge Texas stuff...I work alot with an airbrush and it allows me to zoom thru things and onto all sorts of sufaces...well thats my little tour and helps you all aquaint yourselves with us better....one day we are going to get out there with you guys!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1498.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	76754   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1373.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	76755  

Name:	DSCF1517.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	76756  
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Your work is amazing. What brand and type of paint do you use? I was asking about storage of your actual art supplies. I want to be able to take some of my stuff with me-I usually paint in acrylics and prefer Nova paint. I turned an old garage into my studio and its packed so condesning is a challenge for me.LOL Your story is inspiring and hope to hear more.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Those Murals...

When we were challenged with replicating 'old sepia photos' into murals...there had to be a formula. Ordinary FLAT BLACK OIL PAINT...when you shoot it thru the airbrush, has the same nature as soft charcoal all the values and shades are available. But only with a spray gun. Once a phot was inlarged, we painted in as best as possible the picture by sight...then to seal it and antique it we took a few gallons of 'Sealkrete' (looks like milk) and mixd in as much sepia color as desired and sprayed the over-sized mural with it until the coloration appeared...Voila! And this was the formula to painting old photos...Flat Black paint and then the sealer. Do you airbrush any?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1556.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	76757   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1555.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	76758  

Name:	DSCF1513.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	76759  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
No, I have never tried it. I would love to watch sometime. I have so many "projects going that I won't allow myself to take on anything more requiring equipment.LOL I am going to the Kanuga Watercolor Workshop, in Hendersonville, NC in two weeks and I about broke the bank getting my supplies together. My students want to do a mural and I am just not sure where to start(I am teaching developmentally disabled adults.)
Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
I bet you I can help you alot...I take care of an individual who is disabled...and he works with me for the excercise...We are technical illustrators, meaning we use certain equipment to move art (from small to big or place to place)...thats if it is needed. We are not a major company or anything...Angel is somewhat of a mechanic and I am the artist...we use as little equipment as possible! I can't stand accumulation! Drives me nuts! Anyway if you want to go sideways you can get all the advice you want from me to help you out...But I bet in the end you will end up with an airbrush or some form of spraying equipment...If you look in the corners of those pictures you will see my email...write to me anytime.