Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
 
phbarnhart's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 411
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
One more thought - mine did NOT come with the convection oven/micro combo. And part of me wishes it had. (Until I boondock and then I'll be happy for the LP stove)

DID get the dimmers and the blue ray - and they are both pretty great for ambiance. Dim the lights, open wine, turn on the surround sound and open the back "porch" and listen to the crickets or the rain - that's pretty darn awesome, for sure.
Ours has the over also. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do about adding a microwave. We have a couple of little kids and heating milk for bottles is crucial. I'm thinking a small microwave that I can stick on the counter or something.

Our first trip is planned for the 24th. I'm just itching to go.
__________________

__________________
phbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
I dug around and found a great lower wattage compact microwave called an iwave cube - should be her soon. Google it and see if it works for your needs. Have fun!
__________________

__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
North West PA , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14
Wow Pinky65!!!! your new adventure sounds great and it is SO inspiring because I too am planning to purchase a new AS in the 23-25 foot range and I too was a bit leery of being able to set up, tow, back and break it down by myself!!! Every time I read a story about a single woman who CAN do it I know I can too....!!!

Good luck and your blog is fantastic and I will surely follow it! Love the part about the gifts for camping...I've been riding Harleys for 30 years and it took FORVER for my non-riding family members to finallly "get" that ALL I wanted was stuff for that hobby-forget all the other happy crappy that people give as gifts!

But at least after years of riding they know I'm SERIOUS about this new hobby and don't try too much to dissuade me!!!

I am almost 56, 5'10", strong and relatively healthy, and about to retire after 33 years with my Company and I AM GOING TO DO IT(buy and AS that is!!!) !!!!! I figure if I don't like it I can always sell..but I WILL DO IT and all my naysayer friends who tell me I'm crazy 'cause I'm single and it'll be "too much"...they can stay home and watch TV!!! I will be on the road somewhere!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Keep on posting I can learn a lot from you!
__________________
Laurie Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie Count View Post
Wow Pinky65!!!! your new adventure sounds great and it is SO inspiring because I too am planning to purchase a new AS in the 23-25 foot range and I too was a bit leery of being able to set up, tow, back and break it down by myself!!! Every time I read a story about a single woman who CAN do it I know I can too....!!!

Good luck and your blog is fantastic and I will surely follow it! Love the part about the gifts for camping...I've been riding Harleys for 30 years and it took FORVER for my non-riding family members to finallly "get" that ALL I wanted was stuff for that hobby-forget all the other happy crappy that people give as gifts!

But at least after years of riding they know I'm SERIOUS about this new hobby and don't try too much to dissuade me!!!

I am almost 56, 5'10", strong and relatively healthy, and about to retire after 33 years with my Company and I AM GOING TO DO IT(buy and AS that is!!!) !!!!! I figure if I don't like it I can always sell..but I WILL DO IT and all my naysayer friends who tell me I'm crazy 'cause I'm single and it'll be "too much"...they can stay home and watch TV!!! I will be on the road somewhere!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Keep on posting I can learn a lot from you!
Laurie - you go DO IT! I can say it is the thing I may be the most proud of. Researching the trailer, the tow vehicle, the electronics needed to help me do things solo, the places I want to go, the good I want to do. And once you FINALLY stop thinking and worrying and questioning, and YOU DO IT - you will be amazed at how confident you feel. I am 46, not in great health due to super amounts of stress (which I am hoping the Airstream will help me turn around), and I believe in not waiting for later - make it happen now. Solo or not.

I still have to figure out the backing up - but that will come this week. Gonna take my 3 foot traffic cones and my walkie talkies and a buddy of mine and we are gonna find a big old parking lot and figure it out. That, and some refreshers on my handyman skills, and I am good to go. And there are LOTS of single women out there doing this. I will try to blog about them as I find them, so you can learn about them too.

Don't hesitate to holler at me if you need any info or support! And good for you on the Harley! I have a Vespa ET4 150 cc and I love rolling around and smelling where I am going - whole different way to see the world, huh?

Take care - Pinky
__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master
 
bwoodtx's Avatar
 
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,365
Pinky,

Here is the thread for the get together the end of the month. Hope you can make it.
TX Hill Country get together ?
__________________
Bruce
WBCCI# 9259 AIR# 38927 TAC-TX 14
Stop Littering-Spay & Neuter-- Adopt From Rescue
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #20
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by phbarnhart View Post
Ours has the over also. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do about adding a microwave. We have a couple of little kids and heating milk for bottles is crucial. I'm thinking a small microwave that I can stick on the counter or something.

Our first trip is planned for the 24th. I'm just itching to go.
Here's the link to the world's cutest microwave: http://www.theiwavecube.com/
__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member
 
phbarnhart's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 411
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
I dug around and found a great lower wattage compact microwave called an iwave cube - should be her soon. Google it and see if it works for your needs. Have fun!
That's awesome and it just might be exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for saving me the internet research time.
__________________
phbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master
 
Tin Hut's Avatar
 
2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 800
Images: 1
local group

Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur
__________________
"would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?"

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur
Thanks Tin Hut - I'll pm you now. Would love to get on the list
__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #24
A.K.A "THE STREAM"
 
THEPILL's Avatar
 
2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,285
Images: 4
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane
__________________
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_postcard.jpg

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #25
Moderator
 
blmitch5's Avatar

 
2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,221
Images: 1
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
__________________
Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/calendar.php
WBCCI 4973
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
Thanks for the support! Send me info on the Branson rally, would you? I have family in St. Louis and might just make it out that way. Love to meet you too!
__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane
I did it to appease the parental units - they live nearby. It wasn't a bad park at all - and coming in off Bowen and I-20 made it really easy. Plus, the Target was practically across the street - which is awesome when you are nesting and figuring out all sorts of things you need for the trailer.

Can't park in my driveway or yard at home - so it was the closest I could get to being in my own place and having A/C and getting some stuff bought for the trailer. All in all - it was a decent place - and they were really friendly there.
__________________
For some Newbie fun, follow my Blog: http://retro-gurl.blogspot.com/

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #28
Moderator
 
blmitch5's Avatar

 
2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,221
Images: 1
Here is the link to sign up etc

http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...2011-10-14&c=1

We would love it if you joined us!
__________________

__________________
Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/calendar.php
WBCCI 4973
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eddie Bauer AS uses Michelin Tires? Secguru Tires 67 05-29-2014 01:33 AM
Pulling Tin :: 2017 Airstream Basecamp Planobenz Airstream Registry Discussions 0 08-19-2011 09:32 AM
Our new Eddie Bauer 25FB braska Member Introductions 6 04-08-2011 06:34 PM
Airstream Eddie Bauer Edition daveharc Our Community 46 03-26-2011 02:21 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.