Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
One more thought - mine did NOT come with the convection oven/micro combo. And part of me wishes it had. (Until I boondock and then I'll be happy for the LP stove)

DID get the dimmers and the blue ray - and they are both pretty great for ambiance. Dim the lights, open wine, turn on the surround sound and open the back "porch" and listen to the crickets or the rain - that's pretty darn awesome, for sure.
Ours has the over also. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do about adding a microwave. We have a couple of little kids and heating milk for bottles is crucial. I'm thinking a small microwave that I can stick on the counter or something.

Our first trip is planned for the 24th. I'm just itching to go.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
I dug around and found a great lower wattage compact microwave called an iwave cube - should be her soon. Google it and see if it works for your needs. Have fun!

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
North West PA , Pennsylvania
Wow Pinky65!!!! your new adventure sounds great and it is SO inspiring because I too am planning to purchase a new AS in the 23-25 foot range and I too was a bit leery of being able to set up, tow, back and break it down by myself!!! Every time I read a story about a single woman who CAN do it I know I can too....!!!

Good luck and your blog is fantastic and I will surely follow it! Love the part about the gifts for camping...I've been riding Harleys for 30 years and it took FORVER for my non-riding family members to finallly "get" that ALL I wanted was stuff for that hobby-forget all the other happy crappy that people give as gifts!

But at least after years of riding they know I'm SERIOUS about this new hobby and don't try too much to dissuade me!!!

I am almost 56, 5'10", strong and relatively healthy, and about to retire after 33 years with my Company and I AM GOING TO DO IT(buy and AS that is!!!) !!!!! I figure if I don't like it I can always sell..but I WILL DO IT and all my naysayer friends who tell me I'm crazy 'cause I'm single and it'll be "too much"...they can stay home and watch TV!!! I will be on the road somewhere!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Keep on posting I can learn a lot from you!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #18

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie Count View Post
Wow Pinky65!!!! your new adventure sounds great and it is SO inspiring because I too am planning to purchase a new AS in the 23-25 foot range and I too was a bit leery of being able to set up, tow, back and break it down by myself!!! Every time I read a story about a single woman who CAN do it I know I can too....!!!

Good luck and your blog is fantastic and I will surely follow it! Love the part about the gifts for camping...I've been riding Harleys for 30 years and it took FORVER for my non-riding family members to finallly "get" that ALL I wanted was stuff for that hobby-forget all the other happy crappy that people give as gifts!

But at least after years of riding they know I'm SERIOUS about this new hobby and don't try too much to dissuade me!!!

I am almost 56, 5'10", strong and relatively healthy, and about to retire after 33 years with my Company and I AM GOING TO DO IT(buy and AS that is!!!) !!!!! I figure if I don't like it I can always sell..but I WILL DO IT and all my naysayer friends who tell me I'm crazy 'cause I'm single and it'll be "too much"...they can stay home and watch TV!!! I will be on the road somewhere!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Keep on posting I can learn a lot from you!
Laurie - you go DO IT! I can say it is the thing I may be the most proud of. Researching the trailer, the tow vehicle, the electronics needed to help me do things solo, the places I want to go, the good I want to do. And once you FINALLY stop thinking and worrying and questioning, and YOU DO IT - you will be amazed at how confident you feel. I am 46, not in great health due to super amounts of stress (which I am hoping the Airstream will help me turn around), and I believe in not waiting for later - make it happen now. Solo or not.

I still have to figure out the backing up - but that will come this week. Gonna take my 3 foot traffic cones and my walkie talkies and a buddy of mine and we are gonna find a big old parking lot and figure it out. That, and some refreshers on my handyman skills, and I am good to go. And there are LOTS of single women out there doing this. I will try to blog about them as I find them, so you can learn about them too.

Don't hesitate to holler at me if you need any info or support! And good for you on the Harley! I have a Vespa ET4 150 cc and I love rolling around and smelling where I am going - whole different way to see the world, huh?

Take care - Pinky

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Pinky,

Here is the thread for the get together the end of the month. Hope you can make it.
TX Hill Country get together ?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #20

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by phbarnhart View Post
Ours has the over also. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do about adding a microwave. We have a couple of little kids and heating milk for bottles is crucial. I'm thinking a small microwave that I can stick on the counter or something.

Our first trip is planned for the 24th. I'm just itching to go.
Here's the link to the world's cutest microwave: http://www.theiwavecube.com/

Old 09-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
I dug around and found a great lower wattage compact microwave called an iwave cube - should be her soon. Google it and see if it works for your needs. Have fun!
That's awesome and it just might be exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for saving me the internet research time.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
local group

Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #23

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
Pinky, see you're in Dallas. We've got a nice group of streamers here locally (Heart of Texas Campers) & have monthly campouts. Laid back, easy going etc. If you're interested in joining us for a campout sometime drop me a p.m. with your email address & I'll add you to the invited distribution list. Next get together is our annual Halloween one near Decatur
Thanks Tin Hut - I'll pm you now. Would love to get on the list

Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #24
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #25

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #26

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
I love your blog and the EB! Very cool! You will have the backing up down in no time! Just be patient and slow and you will be fine. I wish u were closer so you could attend our Air Midwest rally in Branson MO in October. Its a great group and it sounds like you would be a great addition! Keep up the great blog and keep posting.
Thanks for the support! Send me info on the Branson rally, would you? I have family in St. Louis and might just make it out that way. Love to meet you too!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #27

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Pinky, Welcome!!!

I glaced at your blog and you stayed in South Arlington? I-20 ans cooper area? Near the parks mall? I hope not. I drive by that place all the time,..Narrow turn in and out. You got some city "drive" time if thats where you stayed. Next time your in the "hood" there is a place called Loyd Park in Grand Prarie.

Stream Safe,
Shane
I did it to appease the parental units - they live nearby. It wasn't a bad park at all - and coming in off Bowen and I-20 made it really easy. Plus, the Target was practically across the street - which is awesome when you are nesting and figuring out all sorts of things you need for the trailer.

Can't park in my driveway or yard at home - so it was the closest I could get to being in my own place and having A/C and getting some stuff bought for the trailer. All in all - it was a decent place - and they were really friendly there.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #28

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Here is the link to sign up etc

http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...2011-10-14&c=1

We would love it if you joined us!

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote