Old 04-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #1

ANGLARS NOZAC , France
Exclamation Used Airstream to Import to France

We live in the Lot in France and want to buy a second hand Airstream to use as a guest room. Can anyone help?

Old 04-27-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
yeh, they make them just for you... Airstream Europe :: Home

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

What type a you looking for ? New or older? 34 ft. or 16ft?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1956 16' Bubble
1947 22' Liner
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
This should help

EllieZ.....she's here as a member. Has current ad in the Classified section. She has 'em on the way to Europe now.

Of course, you can contact Bruno of France. Also a member here. You will get a Harley too if he has anything to say about it.

Use the search function at the top of this page (blue menu bar) and you will get many leads and new friends.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1959 17' Pacer
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Daytona Beach , Florida
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
yeh, they make them just for you... Airstream Europe :: Home

Base price= $70000USD. Deluxe 684, with just 22' of interior length, fitted out, is over $110000. Wow. No wonder they're not selling. And it weighs 4500Lbs.

I doubt he'd find a used one, we heard they've only sold a couple.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1959 17' Pacer
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Daytona Beach , Florida
quoting Melody Ranch-

"Of course, you can contact Bruno of France. Also a member here. You will get a Harley too if he has anything to say about it."

We're in full agreement with Bruno. My hubby has one that goes with us too, and a sidecar for the kiddies. We have a bus that he built that holds everything, and when we get to a location, he drops them out and we use the HD for transportation. Nothing like Harleys and Airstreams, especially in France!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk50
We live in the Lot in France and want to buy a second hand Airstream to use as a guest room. Can anyone help?
Hi there, bonjour;

I can help you and give you lot of advices from my own experience...
just PM me or call me by phone to explain all that.
With Airstream Europe, for the moment ( and for a long time), there are no second hands trailers.....

my phone : 03 28 63 12 63 or 06 09 62 03 94

Bruno.
My AIRSTREAMLIFE ning
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1956 16' Bubble
1947 22' Liner
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Ha...ha....

I love it when a plan comes together. I will bet you get an Aistream, a Harley and some new friends.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #9

2008 Base Camp
paris , Paris
Hi all,

I'm french and i'm a fan your historic's trade. Airstream, it's really the dream for me. But for our little road, we can't buy your big trailer (only collector, big disappointment).
I'm interested in the basecamp (the size could be ok for my land, and i like the design). I know, for some people on this forum, the basecamp is the "benginning of the end". But if i like the vintage airstream, i know that it's too difficult for me. I'm living in Paris and the king size is not for me (no parking, and my knowledge in trail mechanic are so primary...)
My question :
Do you know if it is possible to import the basecamp from France?!
I'm looking for information about this model and the pricing.

Thank for your answer, and sorry for my language...
Loan
Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #10

Currently Looking...
Exeter , Devon
Smile Bon jour !

Quote:

Bon jour mes amis,
ja'i vue une exemplaire sur cette site,hier soir, sous le catagorie "classic"
sur le page 4, ( prix 19,500.00 dollars ) C'est beau, si javais l'argent actuellement, j'acheterai moi-meme !!
Il va falloir que j'attend le fin d'ete' jusque je finis mon expidition autour le Royaume Uni pour le Rainbows chidrens hospice, on ramasse l'argent pour leur
charite'. Nous sommes Hobie Challenge u.k.
L'Hiver prochain, je vais me libere' du climat Anglais et visiter La france et L'Espagne pour quelque mois, peut-etre je peut vous appeler ?
Entre temps, au-revoir, je suis, Opto-mister ( Tony Nomad )
Old 05-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroudon
Hi all,

I'm french and i'm a fan your historic's trade. Airstream, it's really the dream for me. But for our little road, we can't buy your big trailer (only collector, big disappointment).
I'm interested in the basecamp (the size could be ok for my land, and i like the design). I know, for some people on this forum, the basecamp is the "benginning of the end". But if i like the vintage airstream, i know that it's too difficult for me. I'm living in Paris and the king size is not for me (no parking, and my knowledge in trail mechanic are so primary...)
My question :
Do you know if it is possible to import the basecamp from France?!
I'm looking for information about this model and the pricing.

Thank for your answer, and sorry for my language...
Loan
Your English is excellent. And I think the basecamps are very cool, hardly "the beginning of the end."

Some of the smaller vintage Airstreams would be a very nice size for your roads and campsites, and also appropriate for your tow vehicles. But if you do not want the maintenance issues of a vintage trailer, then I think the Basecamp would be a good option.

Bruno of France might be able to help you as well. Over the past several months I have seen a couple of pre-owned Basecamp models on the Classified Advertisements here on this Forum, but I do not know the steps involved to import one into France. Good luck!
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2006 Base Camp
Earlysville , Virginia
Talk to the people at Colonial Airstream, New Jersey. They ship all over the world.
I bought mine there in Feb. and they were shipping two to Saudi Arabia that week.
Talk to Patrick.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #13

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up ship to France

Quote:
Hello, This is Ramon, I do have fun with vintage traikers and did ship a few to France, if you want you can go check out my web site, this is what I do.
index

and of course this goes to every one. I'm a bit on the shy side so I never go on blogs but like the name of the web site I can be a connection to people who wants to bring an old trailer to France it has to be 25 years or older or you have to deal with inspection, rules and regulations, and that doesn't work.
There is though a Airstream Europe Airstream Europe :: Home that sells new Airstream for Europe that are a bit narrower with Europeen specs.

Good luck

Ramon
Old 05-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #14

1961 16' Bambi
Huntington Beach , California
Safari-

someone is looking for you- is that Safari VIN # 22D-0162. Italy is looking at it for import. customs understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binchou
Hello, This is Ramon, I do have fun with vintage traikers and did ship a few to France, if you want you can go check out my web site, this is what I do.
index

and of course this goes to every one. I'm a bit on the shy side so I never go on blogs but like the name of the web site I can be a connection to people who wants to bring an old trailer to France it has to be 25 years or older or you have to deal with inspection, rules and regulations, and that doesn't work.
There is though a Airstream Europe Airstream Europe :: Home that sells new Airstream for Europe that are a bit narrower with Europeen specs.

Good luck

Ramon