Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Tips for first timers

Hi and welcome to the Forums. This introduction Sub-forum is the place to introduce yourself to the rest of the community and try out your first post. Tell us about your trailer or if you've just begun to look for one, how long you've had it, etc - we want to know!

The Forum is divided into subsections, each with a different topic. If you have questions about a specific issue, say "how do i fix my furnace", please post those questions in the appropriate sub-forum.

To post an introduction, click on the "new thread button at the top of the posts list and have at it.

Welcome aboard.
Attached Images

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Have been trying to post -when i attempt to send the post I am told to log in and when I do i find the post but not the title has vanished.I have posted successfully by redoing the message but would rather not have to take the long route any suggestions
fuzzywickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzywickle
Have been trying to post -when i attempt to send the post I am told to log in and when I do i find the post but not the title has vanished.I have posted successfully by redoing the message but would rather not have to take the long route any suggestions
The forum software is a little fussy sometimes (the understatement of the year). If you continue having this problem, copy your post so if it disappears you can simply paste it and not lose any info.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Lightbulb Eureka !!

This just HAS to be the thread to put THIS!
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
Little Billy LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
This just HAS to be the thread to put THIS!
Worth the click! Thx, and Merry Christmas to everybody.
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
Put a bird on it!

1976 Argosy 20
SANTA BARBARA , California
1st Timer Tips!

If you are looking for an airstream....... Take advantage of this forum to ask questions. There are probably people in your area that you can find on here to inspect your new prospect and share very valuable advice before you make a decision. I wish I did! Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the first one I saw, ok second! Don't get me wrong, I do love it, but I sure didn't realize how much work it really needed. Lucky for me, I have some handy friends!

SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Hi, Just joined the board tonight and just posted my first message, poll section. In profile it has warn:0% followed by some small red squares, what are these, I don't see them on anyone else. Surely I haven't had time to offend anyone lol. Just wondering. thanks
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggH
Hi, Just joined the board tonight and just posted my first message, poll section. In profile it has warn:0% followed by some small red squares, what are these, I don't see them on anyone else. Surely I haven't had time to offend anyone lol. Just wondering. thanks
Moderators will use that if you are a little out of line in a post such as attacking someone. Use the search feature and search about it - or really anything - on the forums. There is so much info here and search will become your best friend.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Greg - for a detailed explaination of the warn meter - check out this thread. And relax..... welcome to the forums.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Thank you for your reply and I will do a search. But since my first post was voting in a poll and saying that although I did not read it before my purchase, I felt it was going to be a very enjoyable experience to visit here, I just don't know what could have been questionable.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
OK, I read it. Now I know why I can't see anyone elses and it says 0% so I feel better. My dh and I have both been reading tonight and I thought I got him in trouble already with our first post. I do that enough in the offline world Thanks much, back to reading and enjoying this helpful forum,
Cyndi
Old 01-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Well the warn thing is there all the time and you will always see it. Hopefully it will not go above 0% for any length of time.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:53 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Greg - for a detailed explaination of the warn meter - check out this thread. And relax..... welcome to the forums.
Janet,

Thanks for clearing that up! I always wondered why nobody else had this showing.

POP
Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
malden , Massachusetts
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald
roderickm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderickm3
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald
Rod,
Now that would be one cool paint job and a heck of an attention getter.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #16

1975 31' Sovereign
Ball Ground , Georgia
New memeber introduction

Greetings Ya'll. My wife Elaine and I have been looking for campers for thr two of us that would fit her and i after boys are gone in a year or two.
We were also wanting something for us to share together in retirement.We had talked about Airstrems and I vividly remember being intriqued at the rallies up the street from home growing up in Sarasota.
Long story short we found this sovereign close by and good shape and we see this as not only a (camper) but more a new life and shared interest.
Our only concerns at the moment is that we have a 97 dodge ram 2500 conver.van and not sure of the compatability for towing.
Well.. We just want to say hi and hope to see ya'll mar15th in Rhine ga. bye.
Bob Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
1997 34' Limited
Great Barrington , Massachusetts
Hooked!

Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.
nickvansant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvansant
Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.
nickvansant,

I'm so happy that you folks are planning to join us at the WBCCI New England Unit's "Spring into Camping" Rally. I'm looking forward hearing about your adventures in your Argosy so far. BTW, since you were wondering where all the Airstreams were as you traveled across country I think you will be pleased with the number of rigs that attend NEU events. We've got a very active membership.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderickm3
Well roderickm3, I'm happy to hear you've got yourself a hip "shagadelic" camper! I recommend you look into joining the WBCCI New England Unit. We've got lots of folks who are restoring/remodeling Airstreams and Argosys in our club and I think you'd enjoy membership. I'll send you a PM with club info.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #20

1975 31' Sovereign
Indianapolis , Indiana
Help?!

Okay, this is my first post so I hope it is going to the right place. I have logged in to this site because I am looking into buying my first airstream. The one I have located is a 1975 sovereign and seems to be in good condition. I have always wanted a trailer like this one but no little about them. Because it is such a big purchase I was hoping to be able to get a little advice from those of you who already own them.

Some questions I have are:

How do I know if I'm getting a good deal?

How do airstreams fair in cold weather?

What should I check to make sure things are in good shape?

What are some things that you wish you would have known?

If this reaches anyone who can help me please email me at

autumnstar8@yahoo.com

thank you for your help

angie
angie is offline   Reply With Quote