Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #361
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Congrats on your new drag home. Sounds like fun. I have found the easiest way for me to search this forum is in the google bar not this forum. Just type on your question, ie "replacing the sub floor in and Airstream" and it will take you to the forum links to that discussion.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #362
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Congrats on your new drag home. Sounds like fun. I have found the easiest way for me to search this forum is in the google bar not this forum. Just type on your question, ie "replacing the sub floor in and Airstream" and it will take you to the forum links to that discussion.
Ditto. Use the advanced google search under the search tab on the portal page.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #363

casselberry , Florida
The floor is bad in the back, the bathroom, the front and by the door. I guess it's time for a new floor. I also have a lot of dents, 2 in the roof I didn't see until we got it home.

I am pretty upset that I paid so much for a unit with so many problems.

I bought from a dealer thinking I would be more likely to get a solid unit. (Dealer stamps on floor, see how solid it is?) J D Sanders RV in Alachua Fl.

I know I have no recourse, but they really took advantage of a newcomer that didn't know what to look for.

Thanks everyone, I could use a hug.
korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #364
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
The floor was bad in our bathroom and by the door. We didn't need to replace the whole floor, just patched to replace the soft spots. There are some pictures in our blog here.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #365
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
So far we have been real pleased with our 1995 Airstream Excella! We have not taken it out on the road yet! Our first trip is scheduled for March! My brother, "Sandlapper", has been a huge help to us in getting us ready to start our Airstream adventures. He is gifted with his hands and can "tweak" about anything! A big "thanks" to "Sandlapper"! We are ready to roll!
Seven Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #366
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
Lookin forward to our first Airstream rally this weekend! This will also be our first trip! It's goin to be a fabulous rally with good food, friends and fellowship! Rain or shine!!
Beth
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 AM   #367

Traverse City , Michigan
Hi Janet, I cannot figure out how to post on this site. We are new members looking for a transport company or fellow Airstreamer to transport our newly purchased used trailer from Oregon to Michigan. Any ideas?
Jean7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #368
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
Went to our first Airstream rally this weekend! The Spring Alumalina 2014, held at Lake Wateree State Park. My brother, " sandlapper" and Susan, along with other Alumalina members, did an awesome job! It was absolutely a fabulous weekend! Our 1995 Excella treated us beautifully! It could't have been better! Lookin forward to the Fall Alumalina rally at Wateree State Park! This was also our first trip in our Airstream! Feelin happy! Beth
Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #369
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Jean-
Posting is from the subject areas, and it looks like you got attached to a different subject.. Welcome, and congrats on new (used) Airstream... I'd call Airstream factory and ask for Customer Service, and see fi they would give you contact info for some of the transport companies who haul trailers west from factory in Ohio.. They'd probably love a revenue trip back towards the factory.. You might also try Sutton RV in Eugene with same question, as they are large RV Dealership in central Oregon, and get 30+ new trailers delivered over the road each year from Ohio...

You might also call Classic Transport in Indiana at 866-724-1606.. They haul a lot of trailers for RV manufacturers in Indiana, using contract drivers with their own trucks...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #370
1 Rivet Member

Reddick , Florida
Greetings,
Mark here, outside of Seattle. Just purchased a 1991 350 LE Classic in February. First post and lots to learn from the group!
M_E_iWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #371
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Welcome to Airforums, Strome!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #372
Doctor Historian

TRINIDAD , Colorado
Hi,
My name is Dr. James Courtney Flaks and I am looking to buy an Airstream travel trailer for full-time living. I have many questions as you can all imagine. My first question is pricing. Is there a set standard of the limits for very good condition to an Airstream in fair condition?
jflaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #373
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Welcome Dr. Flaks.. Short answer is no... Airstream selling prices are driven by new pricing/depreciation rates for first 4 or 5 years, and then start to be much more heavily influenced by condition, size, location and floorplans.. Older "Bambi's" sell for more than larger trailers of same vintage, due ease of towing.. Trailers that have been totally restored or beautifully maintained/stored indoors are much more valuable than those left to bake in the sun and humidity by the ocean... Models with leaks, floor rot and mildew/mold may not even be worth any money to anyone but a passionate restorer... Dealers are likely to charge a little more than private sellers, and prices on east or west coast are likely to be higher than in middle of country..

Unfortunately, RV Price Guides like Gold Book and Kelley Blue Book are very rough estimates, used by lenders to avoid making loans too large, but may not reflect realistic selling prices... Adding to challenge is common issue of defaulting buyers and fraudulent sellers on e-Bay, plus some sellers who have very unrealistic views of the value of their "classics"...

Best advice is to start following market, reading through a lot of classified ads, looking at sell prices and re-list prices on e-Bay, and using Search Tempest to search a much larger geography for Craigslist listings.. Over some time, you'll get a feel for realistic prices.. Then you can start to ponder correct size for full-timing, proper tow vehicle and hitch setup, and other life choices.. You can search here (using tab at top and key words) as there have been hundreds of thousands of posts archived over the last decade on these subjects... Good luck with search!

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Old 04-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #374
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Planning on looking at a '71 this week in Minnesota at the Airstream Park. Any experts around?

Dale
dale662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #375
1 Rivet Member

Powder Springs , Georgia
We also just joined and are looking forward to camping in our 20 Flying Cloud Bambi. Our interest is finding recommendations for great places to travel and locating nice campgrounds.
Gharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #376
2 Rivet Member

2003 28' Classic
Ladysmith , Wisconsin
Hello

Me and my girlfriend just bought a 2003 28' classic 05-10-14 (last week). We are going through the wow factor. What craftsmanship and effort goes into buidling Airstreams.

We posted a "wanted to buy an airstream add" and a gentleman from Alabama offered to sell coach to us. We are from Wisconsin and drove to Alabama to pick her up last week. The seller's hospitality was special. Now I know what Southern Hospitality means. I hope to keep this trailer for life and pass it down to the next generation.
JacobMerridy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #377
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
One recommendation on a campground would be Hunting Island State Park near Beaufort ,SC. Beautiful palm trees and several beach sites! Beaufort is a lovely historical town! Happy and safe travels to you!

WBCCI #5659 Unit 22 Region 3 w/ sandlapper
Old 05-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #378
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Lubec , Maine
Thumbs up First adventure- picked up Classic 2005-25@ Colonial

Hello,

Just trying out the AirForum which seems confusing however will muddle thru.

My wife & I just enjoyed our first six nights traveling from NJ to home in Lubec, Maine- way downeast with views Campobello Island from homestead. Good learning curve however went really well on all levels and ready for more.

Learning the AirForum to maximize what many of you have learned is key next step, so open to how to work this forum. Thanks,

David & Kathy Gage
MagicCarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #379
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Gharp and others-
If you haven't learned the ways of the "Search" Tab above (in blue bar at right), that is the key to finding thousands of prior message threads on almost every topic imaginable.. For favorite parks, for example, there are long discussions about benefits of state/national parks versus commercial campgrounds from KOA to Jellystone.. General consensus is that state/national parks offer more space, more quiet and interesting locations, at cost of full hookups (especially electricity for A/C). Those who travel without a large generator, or in areas where A/C not needed can usually spend 2 or 3 days at a time (before upgrading to powerful smart solar systems) with no water or electrical connections, as Airstreams were designed to do.. There are a lot of great state parks in Georgia and Florida near the coasts.. There are also a number of great state and national parks in New England, and upstate New York... The "Airstream only" parks advertised in Blue Beret (magazine is for WBCCI members, but parks open to any Airstream) or "Airstream life" are also more spacious, and quiet, and do include full hookups.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #380
OC hiker

2019 27' Globetrotter
2007 19' Safari SE
Yorba Linda , California
I'm new to forum, although I've looking at the forum since 2007 when my wife and I bought our 19 ft Bambi. We have traveled up and down the coast of Calif. from San Diego to Monterey. Shaver Lake , Camp Edison, on the west side of the Sierra is great. Bring a boat or kayak ( Advanced Elements is great). East side of the Sierra, you can't beat the views. Boulder Park , Lone Pine is a great stop to look at Mt. Whitney, explore the the Bristlecone Pines. Travel up 395 to June Lake, great views and fishing.
Big trip Yellowstone, Tetons, Zion. We will be going back.
i need to grade my truck, and I did test drive the new Ram 1500 diesel. Will this truck be able to pull a 25 ft. AS up MtS.
coachjl is offline   Reply With Quote