Old 01-09-2018, 07:40 AM   #519

1976 31' Sovereign
Toronto , ON

Hey There,

I am a new user to this forum who is about to embark on the renovation of a centre bath 1976 Sovereign.

I have lots of questions around belly pan removal and reattachment, what sort of air conditioner, furnace and water heater I should plan on installing, and how to update the electrical system in the trailer.

It seems like this site might have all the answers I need but there is so much content here it's difficult to wade through.

I look forward to using this as a resource and getting to know some of you better!

Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 AM   #520
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
A good local source of information is Andy Thompson at CanAm in London, Ontario. His family has been an Airstream dealer for decades.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #521

1976 31' Sovereign
Toronto , ON
Thank you!!! I will give them a shout if I need some direction or recommendations for new systems for the trailer!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #522
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryratcliff View Post
Hey There,

I am a new user to this forum who is about to embark on the renovation of a centre bath 1976 Sovereign.

I have lots of questions around belly pan removal and reattachment, what sort of air conditioner, furnace and water heater I should plan on installing, and how to update the electrical system in the trailer.

It seems like this site might have all the answers I need but there is so much content here it's difficult to wade through.

I look forward to using this as a resource and getting to know some of you better!
Welcome! I find the search function inadequate on this site but find if I google a keyword like "furnace" and "Airstream" together 90% of the time I find the right threads and posts right here on the Airforums in the top hits. Good Luck hunting. i've found some really good discussion and step by step instructions here on the forum. - Brad
Old 01-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #523
1 Rivet Member

Muscoda , Wisconsin
Howdy,
My wife and I are just getting started as far as Airstreams go. For the last five or so years we've camped in a beautiful canned ham style teardrop, scratch built by a cabinet maker. Now, as my Bride's retirement approaches, she's gotten the bug for a bigger unit.

Our ideal unit is a relatively new but used, 25 ft, rear queen. But that is subject to variances. Prior to getting our ideal trailer, we've bought a new tow-vehicle (our '08 Taco was fine for the tear drop but not anything bigger), an '11 Tundra Limited with the 5.7 V-8.

With that out of the way or next step is to build a storage unit for the Airstream. Once the storage unit is built we'll seriously begin our trailer search.

In short we're new to Airstreams but not trailer camping. We've hauled our tear drop to Yellowstone, Colorado, AZ and New Mexico (and all over Wisconsin).

Happy camping!
Old 01-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #524
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Prior to getting our ideal trailer, we've bought a new tow-vehicle (our '08 Taco was fine for the tear drop but not anything bigger), an '11 Tundra Limited with the 5.7 V-8.
Pity your Tacoma was too small for your soon-to-be-acquired trailer. With a nickname like "Taco" for your tow vehicle, your Airstream trailer could have been the "Silver Burrito"!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #525

Gainesville , Florida
Forum Newbie Looking to buy a FC 30BH

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and am looking for a Flying Cloud 30BH (we like this model the best at the moment). My wife and I have 2 Kids under 4yrs old and like the idea of a trailer that doesnt need to convert beds at the end of a day of traveling. We keep coming back to Airstreams after looking at other brands. This would be a huge investment for us and want to put thought into a purchase before we do it. Any insight you all can pass on would be greatly appreciated. For instance, should we wait for a good deal on a used model or buy new? How well do they retain value in comparison to other trailers? Is there a better time of the year to buy? Can we rent an airstream and camp with it to see if we really want one? Again I have lots of questions and figure am it of reading will help me out.

-CanoeCrazy
Old 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #526

Wofford Heights , California
Red face Newby in the communitiy - First time Airstreamer

Hello! I am embarking on purchasing my first Airstream! Currently scouting Airstream classifieds, Craigslist, eBay, etc. It is inspiring to see what people here in the community have done to their Airstreams. I have never owned a trailer before. Ive been doing a lot of research, but one thing that Im unsure of is pricing. For instance, what would opinion be on $15,000 for a 1960s/early tradewind 24 in mostly original condition be? Im seeing a lot in variance in condition this price range. Thanks so much!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #527

El Paso , Texas
Buying a 1977 International Ambassador Today!

I have been monitoring Airforums for a few years and continually searching for a trailer that spoke to me. Searched the classifieds once a week, CL, RVTrader and anything Google could give me but none ever grabbed me. Maybe I wasn't ready. I actually had almost given UP and was looking at Silver Streaks in my area and was deeply disappointed after a 12 hour RT drive to find the trailer I came to see/buy, because I had cash in hand was not the trailer in the ad, or at least the pics were old and the trailer had seen better days and was going to be a Money Pit so headed back home. A friend driving with me who owns a Silver Streak and has been bringing it back to life for the last couple of years finally found it, and in our local area!!! She is beautiful, needs work on the interior of course but the exterior is in excellent shape. Owner bought her 5 years ago and never used it! Poor thing. So I'm bringing her home today and sooo excited.

My question is for any of the Airstreamers in the El Paso Area, are there any recommendations for a good rehabber in or around our area, AZ/NM if needed and the quality is excellent with good reputation. I am just not a DYI kind of person and would rather have an expert bring her back to life. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #528

1976 Argosy 26
Castaic , California
How do I post pictures?
Old 04-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #529
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani-Rose View Post
How do I post pictures?
Look at post #7