Old 09-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #449
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
olympia , Washington
sub'd

Old 09-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #450

1970 27' Overlander
paris , Tennessee
I'm looking at a 1970 over lander that has been sitting for the past 15 years. I could use any advice that anyone can give me about what to look for when inspecting it. I do know that the floor is a bit "spongy" under the windows in the front and rear. Thank you

Old 09-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #451
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve102462 View Post
I'm looking at a 1970 over lander that has been sitting for the past 15 years. I could use any advice that anyone can give me about what to look for when inspecting it. I do know that the floor is a bit "spongy" under the windows in the front and rear. Thank you
On front portal page, on right neat bottom select "inspectors"... Then your area.

Also, open a special thread for your AS search will help rather than bury in here.. Good luck and blessings...
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #452

1967 26' Overlander
Cedar Creek , Texas
Noob from Austin, TX - 1967 Overlander

Good morning all!

I'm Ed from Austin and just came across a 1967 Overlander International that I couldn't pass by. In what I thought was great shape, so as I get deeper I'll learn the reality of it all.

I'm in the process of getting the manual and reading reading reading so that I can develop a plan to check what is working and what isn't. (Tom W's website and blog are a fabulous resource so far. Thanks Tom!)

Since it was in use very recently by the previous owners, I am hoping to get it use-ready by the end of the year and then taking time to restore what I can.

Heading out right now to play with electricity!

If there are any patient mentors in the central Texas area, I could really use an experienced expert to help me learn whatever I can.

All the best!
Ed
Old 10-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #453

New acquisition but not a new trailer. Traded in 2011 35 ' Sunset Reserve with bump out. Classic shorter 31 ' and has it's own personality. We travel with our two small dogs. Husband retired and I am close. We have camped over the years. Started with a Tab. This is our 5th trailer. Prior ownership of trailer helped. Still refer to forums and airstream videos to understand what is going on with the Airstream. Dealer spent Two hours walking us thru it. A lot of differences but principals of operation close enough to our experience to be ok. We are happy with our "new" trailer.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #454
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I found the solution to this. Thanks.
On the mobile page, if one goes right to the bottom of page, there is an option to return to the main program display.

Dave

HELP

Janet, or some other moderator, please help.
I set my CP for the App setting, (I think) and now can't even get to the CP settings to reset it to the old display that worked.
Can someone reset my CP settings to the old program? PLEASE.
Mod can email me as I can't get into this.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #455
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
diamond bar , California
Newbie here to say, hello! I purchased a 78 Argosy 26', a fixer for sure. My 7 year old daughter said, "Daddy what have you brought home? What have you done?". LOL. I have been lurking in the forums for a few weeks but I thought I would join.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #456
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909kenu View Post
Newbie here to say, hello! I purchased a 78 Argosy 26', a fixer for sure. My 7 year old daughter said, "Daddy what have you brought home? What have you done?". LOL. I have been lurking in the forums for a few weeks but I thought I would join.
Well now....from the mouths of babes.

Welcome aboard, you will like it.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #457

1959 26' Overlander
HILLSBORO , Kansas
Greetings! Just purchased out new project: 1959 Overlander. Lots to learn and I am sure that this forum will be most helpful. Thanks for all you do. John
Old 03-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #458
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Clinton , Montana
Hello from Western Montana

....never dreamed a day would come when I became the owner of new AS. If you live long enough ...you get a lot of surprises.
Signed the final papers today but delayed delivery do to the fact that "old man winter" is going thru his last gasp and throwing around a lot of snow. Sunshines one minute...whiteout the next.
The process of finding the "right one for us" was good although it was tedious. When your dropping $50 Grand plus on the line one needs to be cautious. With that said I must admit to being "broadsided" by all the things I needed to "add" after the sale was complete. Such as "it is recommended" you change your battery configuration...the cost is $XXX, followed by a Surge Protector to prevent your electronics getting fried..." warranty won't cover damage" and etc. I understand the well intention of the sales folks but if all these items "are must haves" why aren't they included in the first place? These trailers are not cheap by any means. Anyway...I'm happy to be member of the family and hope my experiences might be beneficial to another member. Oh, one more thing I did agree on the necessity of a Surge Protector....after checking this "forum" first for good advice. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #459
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Welcome to the family, you will love it. John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #460
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Welcome!

There is a great mixture of truth and opinions here in the forum. The fun part over time is one learns to discern which is which.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #461
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Sebring , Florida
Newbee joined the clan

Hello,

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this June and a way to be "silver" was to get a vintage 1969 Airstream restoration project.

We looked at a friend's trailer that has been sitting for some time, either an Ambassador or a Sovereign. When we left I was not sure what we would do, and after checking the retail prices, I countered their offer, and we agreed on $2,300. I think we made a good deal knowing systems will have to upgraded and new tires etc.

So we will be looking for help in bringing this wonderful thing back to life.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #462
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bradenton , Florida
New to Airstream Forum - many questions

Hello, AS Community. I have no clue if I am doing this correctly, but something stated 'into yourself here.' We are seriously considering an AS - die our first walk through at Tampa RV where they had several 19-30 footers. My husband and I had hoped to like something smaller than the 25 FC, but our first experience in them was small and 'not too great' floor plan for us. I liked dual axle. Tow vehicle wont be a problem as we plan to get one AFTER the right TT. I initially thought Oliver, Escape FB would be our ticket, but still not sure. I just cant like some thing more reasonably priced like Lance, etc (I need windows, not hotel wannabe). We live in FL and dont feel its great for camping - takes 8 hours to get out of state! This is a dilemma for doing this at all. Our plan (or desire): 1-2 trips to NC/TN per year, some nice almost local camping (St. Augustine, FL, etc), and 1 trip out West, etc per year. Not a lot for a big ticket item when living in Bradenton, FL. What are the chances of hail storm damage? IS 25 TOO small for National Parks (WE WANT to do that mostly - not campground stuff). We will have 7 yo granddaughter on occassion. What is the upkeep on AS and its quality THESE days (we hope to find a gently used, few years older perhaps, but this is all speculative). Thanks for any help you can offer.