Old 09-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #407
The Sign Lady

1969 23' Safari
1974 Argosy 22
1964 24' Tradewind
Victoria , British Columbia
well I'm not really new but I got a new baby

well I am officially a nut job, I have just added another trailer to my collection.
I have a question, I just discovered the registry section and I am trying to post my trailers but it will only allow me to put one in ( I got my new girl in)

It says I need to upgrade my account and that my registry space is full so I can't add more... how do I upgrade my registry space.

Is the purpose of the registry to know how many of the oldtimers are still out there?

TheSignLady

Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #408

Hello everyone,

We are a family of four looking for a simple and freer lifestyle. We decided to try a tackle the airstream lifestyle almost 6 months ago. Unfortunately we had no idea where to start and no funds but we are coming to a spot were we may be able to purchase a fixer-upper for 1700. Any advice of how to inspect, or what is totally necessary for a successful project.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #409
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by misha miller View Post
Hello everyone,

We are a family of four looking for a simple and freer lifestyle. We decided to try a tackle the airstream lifestyle almost 6 months ago. Unfortunately we had no idea where to start and no funds but we are coming to a spot were we may be able to purchase a fixer-upper for 1700. Any advice of how to inspect, or what is totally necessary for a successful project.

I would suggest you start a new thread - perhaps title "AS fixer $1,700 good?"...or any old title to get attention to your new interest.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #410

Currently Looking...
omak , Washington
the wife hates it.

I bought a 68 avion camper about 10 years ago and my plan was to put it on my 69 f-250 but so far I've done nothing with it.So now I'm not sure if I should sell it or hang on to it for 10 more.Any imput about what I have would be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #411
1 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Costa Mesa , California
I have a 2007 Airstream Interstate with the kitchen/bath in the rear of the coach. I am trying to ask a question but not sure if this is the right place to start a new thread.
I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their propane tank from a 20LB to a 30LB or 40LB?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #412
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option7 View Post
I have a 2007 Airstream Interstate with the kitchen/bath in the rear of the coach. I am trying to ask a question but not sure if this is the right place to start a new thread.
I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their propane tank from a 20LB to a 30LB or 40LB?
I suppose it's possible. While the 2007 Interstate has a 23-pound ASME tank my 2012 has a 60-pound tank.

However, it will depend on the under-floor layout, and where the rest of the tanks are as to whether you've got room for a larger tank. I would suggest visiting an Airstream dealer that has an Interstate on the lot (or a rally with a newer-model Interstate in attendance), and then look underneath both vehicles to see the difference in tank locations. Then if you've got the room for it, contact your favorite Airstream dealer to see if you can order the larger ASME tank.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #413
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I agree with Protagonist... another option, if you have need for that much more capacity, is to have an import port where you could plug in additional supply. You could transport the tank in another location and install as needed.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #414
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vestal , New York
help checking out a vintage trailer

I think I came across something on this site saying there may be people willing to help check out an airstream for a potential and ignorant buyer. I would be completely happy to pay for this service-I don't want to take advantage. Where do I find that section? I'm looking in MA. thanks in advance
Matisse.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #415
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisseflys View Post
I think I came across something on this site saying there may be people willing to help check out an airstream for a potential and ignorant buyer. I would be completely happy to pay for this service-I don't want to take advantage. Where do I find that section? I'm looking in MA. thanks in advance
Matisse.
Portal page, right hand side, mid way, "Airstream Inspectors". Good luck.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #416

Tips for first timers

Hello all I am new to the airstream community and am currently looking for my first! I believe I have found 'the one' however, my sister, who owns a 1989 Excella, told me from the pictures she looked at that she thinks there might be something wrong with the axle. I am curious as to how I would find this out if the seller has no clue themselves. And if there is axle damage, is it a complete deal breaker.

Thanks to all in advance.

Airstream Virgin, Mal
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #417
3 Rivet Member

So glad to be a member!!! Really looking forward to taking possession our our silver bundle of joy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #418
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
Congratulations on your new silver bundle of joy! You will love the AS life and family! Take in a rally and you will meet the finest people around! Beth

WBCCI #5659 Unit 22 Region 3 w/ sandlapper
Seven Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #419
3 Rivet Member

Thanks Seven Brook!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #420
Rblarrcpa

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Red Bank , New Jersey
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1414031528.146774.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	878.6 KB
ID:	224955

Hello! Just took delivery and camped in our 2014 25FB Flying Cloud. Been reading a lot of forum posts. Seems like people are very nice & knowledgable. Looking forward to many years with the "Silver Twinkie"