Old 02-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderickm3
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald
Rod,
Now that would be one cool paint job and a heck of an attention getter.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #16

1975 31' Sovereign
Ball Ground , Georgia
New memeber introduction

Greetings Ya'll. My wife Elaine and I have been looking for campers for thr two of us that would fit her and i after boys are gone in a year or two.
We were also wanting something for us to share together in retirement.We had talked about Airstrems and I vividly remember being intriqued at the rallies up the street from home growing up in Sarasota.
Long story short we found this sovereign close by and good shape and we see this as not only a (camper) but more a new life and shared interest.
Our only concerns at the moment is that we have a 97 dodge ram 2500 conver.van and not sure of the compatability for towing.
Well.. We just want to say hi and hope to see ya'll mar15th in Rhine ga. bye.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
1997 34' Limited
Great Barrington , Massachusetts
Hooked!

Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvansant
Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.
nickvansant,

I'm so happy that you folks are planning to join us at the WBCCI New England Unit's "Spring into Camping" Rally. I'm looking forward hearing about your adventures in your Argosy so far. BTW, since you were wondering where all the Airstreams were as you traveled across country I think you will be pleased with the number of rigs that attend NEU events. We've got a very active membership.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderickm3
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald
Well roderickm3, I'm happy to hear you've got yourself a hip "shagadelic" camper! I recommend you look into joining the WBCCI New England Unit. We've got lots of folks who are restoring/remodeling Airstreams and Argosys in our club and I think you'd enjoy membership. I'll send you a PM with club info.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #20

1975 31' Sovereign
Indianapolis , Indiana
Help?!

Okay, this is my first post so I hope it is going to the right place. I have logged in to this site because I am looking into buying my first airstream. The one I have located is a 1975 sovereign and seems to be in good condition. I have always wanted a trailer like this one but no little about them. Because it is such a big purchase I was hoping to be able to get a little advice from those of you who already own them.

Some questions I have are:

How do I know if I'm getting a good deal?

How do airstreams fair in cold weather?

What should I check to make sure things are in good shape?

What are some things that you wish you would have known?

If this reaches anyone who can help me please email me at

autumnstar8@yahoo.com

thank you for your help

angie
Old 04-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Active New Member but Old Passive Member

Hi all,first I want to thank all the members,for writing their ideas and advice.I have been reading here for almost 2 years or more.I finally found my Airstream,a 1999 Bambi ,my first A/S.I did not think I would ever get one.Searching and looking and driving until I found this Bambi in my back yard, 10 miles from my home.My advice to first time buyers buying preowned A/S is to be patient and you will find a gem,like I did. Thanks Members. John.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #22

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
red , Washington
Tell Me About A 1978 Argosy 24' Please Are They All Painted? Does 2400 Seem Like A Good Deal? Please Help
Old 04-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Hi Amaral, welcome to the forums. Yes, all Argosy's are painted, and if you are buying a decent condition Argosy 24', where the running year is in decent shape, there no dents above the rubline, and some of the appliances work, such as the stove and maybe you have to replace the water pump or AC or fridge, then yes, that's a real good deal. If you're selling it, try to get $4000. However, we need more info to really help you nail it down.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaral
Tell Me About A 1978 Argosy 24' Please Are They All Painted? Does 2400 Seem Like A Good Deal? Please Help
Old 04-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #24

St. Charles , Missouri
Question Hello from the St. Louis area

I am actively looking for a wide body model excella or Classic (year 1995 and forward) I noticed there were several models. Model 1000 etc/ what are the differences? Whats a good on to go with and what should I stay away from. What other forums list used airstreams?? Thank for you help
Old 04-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #25

Byron , Illinois
Hi Airsteamers

My current pleasure is a 1958 airplane (Bellanca Cruisemaster), I thought it would compliment a 1958 trailer for my annual hike to Oshkosh. I'm enjoying this site as great educational resource as I look for my new project!

Glenn
Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #26

1962 19' Globetrotter
Jackson , Mississippi
I just signed up and don't know if this is how to "post an introduction or not" but am giving it a try -- please be patient as I learn!

My husband & I returned last evening from Pensacola Rally. This was our 1st and it was fun beyond description ! If all rally, rallyers & Airstreamers are as wonderful as these folks, we'll be Airstreaming the rest of our lives! Already wondering if our '62 Globetrotter is big enough for all the adventures we plan to take!

A....
Old 04-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Owosso , Michigan
Should have viewed that first!!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:59 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by amollere
This was our 1st and it was fun beyond description ! If all rally, rallyers & Airstreamers are as wonderful as these folks, we'll be Airstreaming the rest of our lives! Already wondering if our '62 Globetrotter is big enough for all the adventures we plan to take!

A....
Welcome to the forum. We've only been on two rallies with two different units, and both were a blast. If you think that old trailer is too small, feel free to drop it off in my yard anytime.