Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Loganville , Georgia
This is effing great; refreshing and welcomed, Thank you all.

I don't have an airstream. I will soon. I'm excited. I've immersed myself in rv stuff last 6 months. I'm less dumb than I was 6 months ago. It's all a process. So it goes.

I drove up to north ga and there was a top of ga airstream park. Everyone was exceedingly polite and kind. It was great. A gentleman there gave me his number and said I can text or call him with any queries I may possess. I texted him once, he responded by pulling over and calling me.

He took time to pull over, and call some random guy he had met a couple weeks ago. he pulled over because he didn't want to text and drive.

Little things like the amaze me. We are capable of great things.

I'm 32 and basically retired but was in an industry full of really gross people, so this changeup is very refreshing and welcomed.

I joined this forum and posted for the first time in the dollar and cents section.

The responses have all been productive, positive, and amazing overall. One gentleman took time to send me a direct message.

My name is Craig; I thank you all.

I wish there was a way for this to be more personal than just a "thanks all" comment, but that's all I got currently.

But for now, back to Game of Thrones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170716_103231_039.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	289658
gsugtdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Welcome, Craig, I agree with ya!
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
The Tin Man

2017 27' International
SoCal , California
Welcome to the Forums! I hope you find them as useful as I do! The people here are great!!
WBCC #4913
sandollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Welcome. It's a great group of folks here with lots to share. Hitches, tires, and inverters tend to cause a lot of heated debate... other than that, quite a fun place to be. Enjoy!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Independence , Missouri
Hello and welcome to the forms. If you would like to know about older vintage models I'll be happy to talk with you. Just pm me.

Rachel
WBCCI 9380
VAC 3rd VP
1962 Tradewind "Agnes"

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum
Twinke58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Gainesville , Georgia
I am also new here. We just got our airstream from Top of Georgia Airstream Park.
We had gone to look at one for sell there and didn't like it. Was frustrated at not being able to find one so I called and asked for them to post my phone number if anyone had one to sell. Jim called later and said there was a AS. Bought Her!
Have had "Betsy" for two weeks and have gone on to a local campground! Have new tires and wheels, new hitch and lots of question. Can't wait to start exploring the USA.
svoboda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Loganville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by svoboda2 View Post
I am also new here. We just got our airstream from Top of Georgia Airstream Park.
We had gone to look at one for sell there and didn't like it. Was frustrated at not being able to find one so I called and asked for them to post my phone number if anyone had one to sell. Jim called later and said there was a AS. Bought Her��❤️❣️
Have had "Betsy" for two weeks and have gone on to a local campground! Have new tires and wheels, new hitch and lots of question. Can't wait to start exploring the USA.
That's awesome! What did you get?
gsugtdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Gainesville , Georgia
1999 30 foot Excella....
svoboda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Hey Craig...I started out just like you. Attended an airstream rally in NC, met a lot of great folks that answered my many questions, let me take a look in their trailers and gave me their personal contact info so that I can ask even more questions. Because of them, I was able to send photos of the trailer I was looking at and found it out was a rare 13 panel! I would've never even known about that. Good luck on search! Until then, I'll be watching GoT too.

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote