Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Oro Valley, Arizona
Thumbs up The Airstream acquisition is moving right along.

The Airstream acquisition is moving right along. The RV dealer, Sicard RV in Niagara Falls Ontario, picked up our unit from the previous owners cottage on Lake Erie, Thursday. Towed it to the dealership, winterized it, prepared paperwork for us to sign, (emailing, faxing, wire funds) now they process same papers with the Canadian ministries to export the rig back to the US, from whence it came. All and all it should be handed over to the shipping co I’ve hired on Thursday morning November 9 and begin it’s 2200 mile trek to it’s new home with us in Tucson. They tell me to expect delivery in four days or so, so next week this time we should be moving our stuff into the Airstream. 2015 International Signature, 27 ft, front bed queen. Getting kind of excited and hope all continues to go smoothly. Sicard RV has been a good firm to work with. They’re on top of everything. — feeling excited at Home In Tucson.

I had some disappointments trying to find a rig closer to home then this one popped up when I cast my net further out, pristine condition and a motivated seller with winter in Canada coming on. But it is something of an ordeal jumping through the hoops.

The prior owner just bought it from Colonial AS in Lakewood NJ last year. It has about 6,000miles on the 16” wheels with Michelin tires, that’s a major upgrade. He them decided to order a new custom motor home from some manufacturer in Manitoba and put this on the classified sites. He a Canadian citizen, German National who’s persnickety as the day is long about his stuff. That’s the kind of previous owner you hope for. He’s really a good guy and he was leaving for his winter home in Florida, Friday morning. He wanted to move the Airstream, get his money to credit his account on the new rig he’s ordered. Time was running out when he dropped the price $5,000 last Sunday and I stumbled on the add. A few phone calls, photo emails, I hired a RV Tech to go inspect. Everything kept coming up A+. So he paid Sicard to handle the transaction as he’s now on his way to Florida. it’s a little complex moving a rig from one country to an other, then transporting it across the country. I’m glad I came upon the add. We’re looking forward to joining the Airstream community. We feel we’ve found a really good unit at a good price. We’ve enjoyed a Lance TT for the past four years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	249B83A1-37E9-4AAB-B70C-1DD8D6B84785.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	298333   Click image for larger version

Name:	10702C99-0ADC-4D51-9B1D-70501DCF0C2A.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	298334  

ride2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Excellant!!!!

Sooper looking trailer.

....sounds like everything worked as expected.

Good Job

Bob