Old 12-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Thanks for having me, I love this website..

Hi my name is Dale and Im a honest person who loves to go camping,fishing,hunting and anything to do with the outdoors.I been a avid outdoorsman till July,20th,2007.That day my life has been changed forever.I stopped to help some guy whom I thought needed help,as he was slumped over the steering wheel.I have posted one update story on my accident and I do have other story's about what happened to me.
My father has been a camper as well all his life too.He is now in a nursing home and not doing so good.He has Parkinson and other problems.My father told me he wants to see me walking before he leaves this world,and that would be something I'd like to do for him,as well as myself.I lived in Colorado High Country for 17 years before moving back to Ohio in 2001 to be with my only son.Then on 4-5-03 my son was murdered by a man fighting over some girl.My son was going to get married and start a new family with this lady.That all was shattered and now I blamed myself for this for over 7 yrs.It is hard to deal with losing my son,and I know I couldnt of been able to stop what happened on 4-5-03 yet if I was there I could have tried to stop him.The guy who shot my son point blank in the chest commited suicide afterwards.So you see my camping familys,life has dealt me with some pretty tough things.I know in my heart my son is in heaven,he was a good man,worked hard at what he did.He was just 23 yrs old at the time he died.

Im now fighting to walk again myself.I have tried to seek help from all sorts of places and it seems I just dont really know where or what to do next.Im to the point in my life that no matter what happens,I will never give up.I know I can make this,I know I can walk if I only can find a little help.I have been struggling to find help and Im to the point I dont know where to turn to ask anymore.It seems nobody wants to help me.I even offered to return whatever someone helps me with.Im willing to help them in return for some help.The guy who did this to me only got 4 yrs in jail and I got a life of Pain.Not fair at all.I wished I could go just one day without pain,just one.My 19 doctors told me I will have pain the rest of my life.I can deal with that if only I could get back up on my feet and walk.I know in my heart I could do this,I have gotten 3 steps up the ladder and got knocked back down from surgerys,infections,and just all the problems dealing with what that man done to me.My main thing I want to do more than anything at this point in my life is,I want to take the airstream camper I got from my father camping.I been wanting to do this so baddly,as I always told my father if he ever decided to get rid of that camper I want the first pick.Well you know how fathers can be,Im the youngest son of 3 boys,so my dad gave me the camper as a gift and told me to sell it to be able to get the help I need to walk again.But deep down,I dont want to sell it...I love that camper and cant wait to get it out to go camping in it.

I have alot of things I'd like to be able to talk about with everyone in this airstream family website,yet I dont want people to think of me as someone who came here just to sell my camper,To be honest I came here because my father told me about this website and that I'd find some of the best people I'd ever find anywhere.He said that to me,and he was the one who told me to sign up and become a member to meet new friends and to meet the best kinds of people you'll ever meet that love doing what we do too.I love camping always have been always will be a camping lifestyle is my way of life.I want to thank everyone in this website for helping me get to understand how everything works,Im really looking forward to meeting new people that enjoy what we all came here for in the first place.I hope to meet new people and get out there and go Camping,Hope to hear from you all soon,Have a nice day,be well,be blessed,believe,your new friend,Dale

Old 12-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Hey Dale,
Welcome to the forum!
I read those newspaper articles. You have been dealt some pretty rough blows.
Keep positive!
Good luck and best wishes

Old 12-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Dale,

Welcome to the forums. Speaking for many of us here, we look forward to joining you around a campfire next to your trailer soon.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
Hey Dale,
Welcome to the forum!
Keep positive!
Thank you Alan,your right life has been hard for me,yet Im a fighter and I will not give up.I cant give up I came this far and Im almost there now,if I only could just walk.Im weak after not being on my feet for 5 yrs.I was in a coma for 3 weeks,and then bed ridden for 2 years after coming home from the hospital.My father told me about this website and to join,that I'd meet the best kinds of people that enjoy doing what we all love,CAMPING AND AIRSTREAMS....Alan,please keep in touch,Im not sure how to operate this website just yet,I appricate your help,Thanks so much for your time,your new camping friend,Dale P.S.THe Bandana I wear is to hide the huge scar accross my forehead.I dont like it so I hide it..
Old 12-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
Dale,

Welcome to the forums. Speaking for many of us here, we look forward to joining you around a campfire next to your trailer soon.
Thank you both,that would be awesome to be sitting around a campfire talking about the good'ol times,and I cant wait for that.Please keep in touch as Im new to this camping family website.your new friend,Dale P.S.My wife ran off with my best friend after I got hurt and I sure do miss him...
Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Welcome, Dale, and good luck in your rehabilitation.

You know what they say.....one day at a time, one step at a time, etc.

It's true.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Welcome, Dale, and good luck in your rehabilitation.

You know what they say.....one day at a time, one step at a time, etc.

It's true.

Maggie
Your so right about that,thank you for the encourgements,I have a f/b page called One Day at a Time.Im excited to get some new friends.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
Hey Dale,
Welcome to the forum!
Keep positive!
Can you please tell me how to add friends in this website Forums?
Old 12-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
Can you please tell me how to add friends in this website Forums?
I do not know. I'll try to figure it out. If I do, I'll send you a PM. Maybe someone else will beat me to it.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Dale... Welcome aboard the Forums and good luck with getting things worked out. Keep the faith ... Lots of good people and great information here.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Dale... Welcome aboard the Forums and good luck with getting things worked out. Keep the faith ... Lots of good people and great information here.
Thank you all so much,I cant stop reading in this website,I have found alot of good info,good people,just everything my father told me about.I have one friend now,its coming along,will be posting pictures and video soon of my camper,Have a great day,God Bless...