Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Hi TC & GM

Welcome! You’ll enjoy it here. Lots of really nice folks and great information.

I know what you mean about getting a little old for tent camping. My partner (56) and I (55) both feel the same way. We knew we were getting tired of the ground when we schlepped a thick inflatable mattress and down bedding the last time we camped.

At first we seriously considered getting a pop-up figuring that it would get us off the ground but we’d still be in a tent. That idea only lasted until we saw the inside of an Airstream for the first time. It was all over at that point. It was going to be nothing but an AS.

As we selected the one we’re finally getting, we went through quite a process. We vetoed the 17' and 19' right from the start - I’m just too claustrophobic! We liked both the 23' and the 25' SS but settled on the 28' Safari SE. We’ll be putting the final order in at the end of next week. We’ll have it around the first of May. The thing we liked about the 28' is that it has everything - a real bed, a lounge area and a dinette. We’re afraid if we got a smaller one we would end up trading it up before long.

Anyhow - life is too short. Don’t put it off. Buy it now and stimulate the economy.

Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #16

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
I'm wit ya'
Last year Mrs. HiHo and I accepted a last minute fishing trip - take the boat or take the camper?
Took the boat, tent and two blow up pads...
We fished all day, then went to inflate the pads and one was missing the plug. Instead of one pad and a divorce we both slept(Hah if you want too call that "sleep") in our bags on the tent floor.
I ached so bad I could barely drive home the next day.
I think we will take the camper from now on.

One tent for sale!

Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri

If it's just the two of you, check out the 20' Safari. It fits in small spaces, makes two beds if needed, and has great counter space and storage. Only thing missing is the lounge area (but we lounge around the campfire).
billberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #18
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Welcome to the picked the right place to make friends and get some solid advise. We were avid tent campers and always enjoyed be out in the woods. Our Safari 22 is the perfect fit for us. Sometime we have my daighter with us so the size is perfect if not a bit snug for three. We went from a four season tent right into an Airstream. Sure we have had to use our tent since the AS [island camping] but it has been the best thing we ever did. Go for the larger trailer if you can. Once in a while we do wish we were a bit bigger but not too often. For the two of us it is perfect and there really isn't anything we would change. Have fun in your search.

J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote