Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Broadway , North Carolina
streamin !

...just saying hello as a first new-member post here on the AirstreamForum.

We've never owned any sort of RV or camper before, but now have a new 2006 25' Safari SE (front bedroom) hooked up to the ol' F150. We've only put about 1500 miles on it, but are already wondering why we didn't figure this out sooner - it's great!

Airstream has thought out everything - you can tell they've be at this trailer thing for a while! We were off and camping without a problem. The SE interior is very nicely done and trailer quality is top notch. The front bedroom is a great idea, allowing us to back the panoramic window right up to the view.

I started down this slippery slope last summer. Just back from my very first fly fishing trip in Colorado, I happened to see a TV documentary about "Sisters on the Fly", a group of women who caravan vintage trailers - fly fishing during the day, sharing wine and home cooked meals at night.

I told my wife about this TV show. She still wasn't interested in fly fishing, but thought the trailers were "cute" and really liked the idea of a vintage trailer. Even though I have enough projects, the idea of an old Airstream restoration seemed very cool. Yet, after lots of research and visiting the Airstream website it also seemed that Airstream had done an awesome job of combining the classic Airstream shell with modern interior style. We went to the dealer to have a look. They happened to have a 25' front bedroom Safari SE at a price I couldn't argue with - we were backed up to a Florida beach 3 weeks later.

My wife is an RN and is really interested in perhaps switching to a career in travel nursing, living a couple of months at a time in the Airstream. So if there is anyone out there who is working as a travel nurse, she'd love to hear your experiences. Me?..... my first project is WiFi and cellular broadband antennas so I can work mobile from the Safari.

This is a great community Forum. I've already switched over to better insurance and road services plans based on my forum reading. thanks all!

...................Scott
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums, and congratulations on your new baby. We have an '05 25' Safari SE FB that we have spent over 100 nights in, and we still love it.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
WOW !! Most of us begin RVing sleeping in the back of a pickup. You guys started right at the top. That, I think, is great. We have a '66 Tradewind and it is fun. But it is work to upgrade but for me that is fun too. Congratulations. ENJOY!
Neil and Lynn.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Broadway , North Carolina
Thanks! Yeah it was a bit "heads first" but not even a tinge of buyer's remorse. Funny how these things work their way into your lifestyle.

I've not given up on a restoration Neil - my kinda project! Maybe an old Bambi for fly fishing?

......................Scott
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote