Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Beaumont , Texas
South East Texas Airstream

I joined a while back and have not had time to do much outside of work. Now, I have put some money away and am about to take some time to get some work down. I look at some of your trailers and I am amazed. The time and dedication to the vintage airstreams is inspiring.

Here is the deal. I am building a vineyard on 5 acres I own. This will be a weekend project for a while. I want to take my 1965, 24 footer to the property and live in it on the weekends while I am working on the farm. This property is in a mixed social class neighborhood. Rich and poor living close to each other.

Can anyone help me do what I can to keep my old airstream safe if left on my property. I will have electricity, sewer and water. I will be hauling a big lowboy most of the time with tools and equipment and it would not be easy to pull the airstream each weekend.
BrandonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Carrollton , Texas
When I lived in the Chicago area and went to a Cub's game and when parking the car there was always boys around offering to "watch the car" I gladly paid them and never had a problem.
KL's 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
There is no way you can protect anything that is open to the public. You just have to take your chances. If it is attractive to someone they will act. That has nothing to do with their financial status we now live in a society that has little or no respect for others property.

You might put an 8 ft.chain link fence around it and be safe or that may call attention to it and have someone jumt the fence just to see why you enclosed it.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
If they cain't drag it out of there, then it oughter be O-K.

Denver Boots are what I'm thinking.

As to door security, a decent deadbolt. Beyond that any trailer is not that hard to get into.

Soooo, maybe if it's just sorta ugly . . .

(Been going back and forth from Beaumont to Corpus Christi lately. Probably moving to the Triangle. Glad to have found Rao's Bakery . . the rest is coming).
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Big, loud dog.