Old 10-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Sort of new here

Greetings everyone my name is Pink and my bf/fiance is Eric. We live in Bay Area, California and have a cat named Meech. I prolly should have posted here first and introduced myself, but at any rate, I am doing it now.
We have been looking at the classifieds on this site for months and think we have found something that fits our needs.
This is the link for it. 2004 Airstream International CCD 22' - Airstream Trailer & Airstream Motorhome Classifieds
It is great to find a place where all the Streamers gather round and share information. Many people here have been great offering so much positive feedback, thanks for all that.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that our AS, doesn't have a cracked frame, doesn't leak, has an owners manual, is not suffering from filiform disease, doesn't smell too bad inside, has a quiet fridge fan, and will make it back to California in one piece!

Smiles,
Pink

Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The seller is an appraiser and has never posted on the Forum or filled out any info about himself. So, he joined just to sell this. He may have come across it while appraising an estate and gotten it very cheap. His comments say he need $8,000 in cash and trade for the rest, so he may have bought it for close to that number. He also now says in the comment he will deliver anywhere, not just 500 miles.

Pink, you may be able to make a better deal on it if you really want it.

Gene

Old 10-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Dreaming of Streaming

Davis/SF , California
Dear Gene,
Thanks for the greeting! I bet lots of folks join to list. I am curious what ad you are looking at because I have looked at his ad probably a thousand times and missed the $8,000 in cash part. And since you have made this post I have returned again to look at his ad and don't see the "he will deliver anywhere" reference.
Plus Gene, as its a 2004 CCD International, being new to the whole AS thing I don't know but can you find them for less than $22,900? If so perhaps I will call the whole thing off look some more.
Sighs,
Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Welcome, Pink.
Nice intro, and you've already proven that you have excellent taste in trailers. There's an abundance of knowledge here. I really hope your quest for an Airstream works out for you.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Dreaming of Streaming

Davis/SF , California
Thanks Silver Ranger! I am trying not to be too excited yet. But, alas, I AM! Smiles, Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Webster Groves , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1 View Post
Dear Gene,
Thanks for the greeting! I bet lots of folks join to list. I am curious what ad you are looking at because I have looked at his ad probably a thousand times and missed the $8,000 in cash part. And since you have made this post I have returned again to look at his ad and don't see the "he will deliver anywhere" reference.
Plus Gene, as its a 2004 CCD International, being new to the whole AS thing I don't know but can you find them for less than $22,900? If so perhaps I will call the whole thing off look some more.
Sighs,
Pink
I did a quick search here in the midwest and they are going for $32-$38k ... makes you wonder ...
Bob
Old 10-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Pink1, click to the seller's page and look down to the comments. You click on it by clicking on his Forum name.

Bob, if the seller picked it really cheap and needs to turn it quick because he can't afford to have that much cash outstanding, he will sell it cheaper than the market and still turn a good profit. He may be a good businessman or not. It doesn't mean he's selling junk. It's just information that may be useful in getting a price reduction or free transport cross country.

Gene
Old 10-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Pink1, click to the seller's page and look down to the comments. You click on it by clicking on his Forum name.

Bob, if the seller picked it really cheap and needs to turn it quick because he can't afford to have that much cash outstanding, he will sell it cheaper than the market and still turn a good profit. He may be a good businessman or not. It doesn't mean he's selling junk. It's just information that may be useful in getting a price reduction or free transport cross country.

Gene
Good point Gene ... his 9/24 ad posting listed it as sold for $24,900 wonder what happened?
Bob
Old 10-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
Dreaming of Streaming

Davis/SF , California
Dear Gene,
Please, call me Pink! Just now I did click on the sellers name and did see the $8000.,blurb about the trade. Being new here I didn't know about that.
However the comment about free delivery was followed by an ellipsis... an ellipsis is a series of three periods strung together like this ... and that series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text. Can be delivered for FREE to anywhere... takes on a clearer meaning when viewed in total. Can be delivered for FREE to anywhere within 500 miles of Charleston, SC.
Thanks for the name clicking info, I mistakenly thought that only worked in here (forums).
Smiles,
Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Here is a 22' trailer in Co. for $32k ... and that includes a $10k satellite internet dish! + solar!
Bob

http://www.sawitonline.com/htmlflyers/458564.html
Old 10-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Dreaming of Streaming

Davis/SF , California
Wow Bob,
That's a beauty! I wonder how much I could get for the dish on Ebay? I really like (ok, LOVE) this design.
Smiles,
Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
That dish at $10 K must be a used one from the VLA (Very Large Array) in NM that looks for signals from other solar systems, but it does come with its own solar system.

The ellipsis can hide many sins…

I read a story from last week's NY Times about Pink, the singer, talking about how she works out and does acrobatics during her show. Of course if you are that Pink, you'd have a new trailer delivered to you.

Gene
Old 10-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #13
Dreaming of Streaming

Davis/SF , California
VLA.... (pretty darn funny Gene)

I am not that one. I am twice as old as here and have lots of grey hair! The only thing that is delivered here with any regularity are bills and what I find in the cat box...:P

Smiles,
Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hi and welcome to the airforums.com, Pink!

Well, you're certainly jumping in with both feet, but you are doing it with a beeYOOteeful trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1 View Post
and will make it back to California in one piece!

Smiles,
Pink
If any Airstream will do what you want THAT one certainly looks like it should!

All the best,

Aage