Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Wimberley , Texas
Soon to be newbie!

Hey y'all! I've been lurking around the forums for the last year and thought I should finally join in the fun! Hoping to be a full timer next spring, I have some RV experience but have learned a lot more on here. I've narrowed down my choices to a 30' International with the Oyster Ultra Leather, but I'm stuck between the two interiors, dark or light. I'd love to hear why you picked one over the other?
Bunny Pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
We looked at both and decided the dark interior worked better in the longer trailers, where more windows let in more light.

With the shorter trailer we were interested in, the dark gave it a bit of a cave-like feel.

We prefer the oyster leather, too.
WhereStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Light colored wood = looks brighter / bigger.

Dark colored leather = does not show dog footprints as much.

No, there is no one size fits all answer. In fact, we really were not bothered by any of the interiors we saw. If we had done a factory order, there would have been a choice. We were shopping off the lot.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Wimberley , Texas
Soon to be newbie!

Thanks for the replies! This time last year I was sold on the dark interior. Felt it looked less "plastic" and would be more versatile with my color choices. But then the light interior has grown on me and I love the brightness. You would think 5 years of Interior Design school would have prepared me for making such decisions[emoji12]
Old 09-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
2021 20' Bambi
San Francisco Bay Area , California
We went with light for the bright, spacious feeling, but loved the dark as well. Either way, you can accessorize to make it brighter/more colorful/more personal. Have fun!
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Wimberley , Texas
I need some advice on the price of a 2018 Signature with all the goodies except the convection oven and solar. Dealer says msrp is 106,000. I understand most get 15-20% off. Is that before tt&l? What's a good number to shoot for?
Old 10-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Decatur , Georgia
Light! It's modern, bright and as minimalist as you can get with a new AS interior.

While our 25RB Serenity w/Oyster hasn't arrived yet, we do have some experience with a similar situation:

We had a boat, with white vinyl upholstery that was stored in-water year 'round, in a covered slip for 11 years. The day we sold it (with much sadness) that white vinyl looked nearly new.
Keep in mind that it survived not only people and dog paws, but those with red Georgia clay and coastal pluff-mud caked on them. Then there were the spider webs, winter's green slime, fish "goo", food spills & general outdoor stuff. Simple Green and some occasional Oxyclean was all it took to keep it looking good.

I doubt that the Serenity's Ultraleather (different than the FC's) will be as resilient as marine vinyl, but we're unlikely to throw the same type of abuse at it. The key here IMO is that you can see the dirt on a lighter color and take care of it when it's fresh before it becomes a stain. A darker color hides those sins until one day you look at and it's... ick.

Regardless of the color, my real concern with the ultraleather is paws & claws. For that issue, I think we'll need to cover the upholstery as needed. I don't ever want to hear the dreaded rrrrriiip.
runswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote