Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Vintage Kin Owner
Bremerton , Washington
(Silver) Streaking in Seattle

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a while but decided to join as part of a resolution to work more on my 1973 Silver Streak. Bought it a year and a half ago, and was initially living in an apartment and storing it nearby so once it was gutted I hit a plateau. Now I'm in a house and I walk by it every day, so it's time to get back to work!

The information here has already been amazingly helpful and I'm sure it will continue!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	277708   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	277709  

love_shack73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Welcome,
That's a nice looking rig! I have a '64 that I've been working on for 3 1/2 years now.
Just did 6 days with the family out in west Texas in it and it was a lot of fun. I'd love to se more pics of your trailer.
Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
Bremerton , Washington
Hi Iansk, thanks for the welcome! It's pretty empty right now, but lots of potential and the exterior is in good shape. I've included two of the interior before photos and one of where it is right now. This was used for a short time as migrant worker housing and then as a weekend camper for a family of six. All it had were beds and a bucket toilet. The last two owners made a variety of interesting choices, and the back floor was rotten so it just made sense to take it down to the frame. It was good though because I didn't have to feel bad about removing any original interior!

Can't wait to get to the point where I can actually take it out and camp in it. Hoping to at least get floors and walls in (and everything underneath them) by summer and take it over to the beach.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	277762   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	277763  

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	277764  
love_shack73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Awesome! I had to gut the original interior and actually went more an "Aluminum Tent" route as mine goes from design office to family camper fairly quickly. I have pieces and parts if you need any templates or want to pay for shipping the shower stall to Seattle.
If I could suggest anything for you at this point is to get a pneumatic pop rivet gun. Of course you'll need a compressor as well but the biggest mistake I've made in my aluminum adventures is how long it took me to spend $80 on one. It actually makes pop rivets fun.
Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote