Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Silver Bullet

Just wanted to post a new thread and tell you all a little more about myself and of course my camping life.First of all I want to say that I am very happy to be here.I have found this site very nice and very fond.In this Forum I have noticed just so many views and I was amazed at how many views I had alone of just my very first thread I posted.Thank you all who have viewed my thread,makes me feel noticed and that there really are people who do read the things I post.Welcome to the Forum of Airstream's camper lifestyles.I wanted to rename my log in name but its all okay for now.I wanted to let you all know that without this website I wouldnt be online as much as I have been this past couple days.Being handicapped and wheelchaired really gives me something to look forward to.I was like wow I cant wait to log back into this Forum and read all the new threads people have posted.

Anyways to talk a little bit about my camping lifestyle.I have been a camper type guy all my life.I have owned many campers,and I just wouldn't trade that lifestyle for nothing.I always wanted to find a nice women who wanted to live that kind of lifestyle and travel.I like to travel as well.When I was living in Colorado from Sept.7th,1985 to 2002,I traveled all over the western states.I had many places that I could talk about here and just to let others know if your going to travel then one place in Colorado,well not just one place,many places you can go that offers many good people.I have never met a bad person in Colorado.There are many good camp grounds in Colorado Springs,Colo.that offer all sorts of discounts,and of course so many things to do and see.I really loved camping in Pike National forest,some places you can camp free,just have to be on a certain side of the road.But anyways I have been wanting to find a nice lady who likes to travel and of course live in a camper.Nothing beats that lifestyle.

I truely miss camping,traveling and just really praying that I will be able to get walking by this summer.I am going to push hard this summer while doing my pool therapy and keep at it 5-6 days a week and I know if I can do that,I will be walking and or camping again soon.I wanted to post some older pictures of my campers that I have owned in the past,and lived in them too.I was married for 10 yrs,till I got hurt then my wife ran off with my best friend,and I sure do miss him.I have a daughter with her and she said she wanted to travel and camp and just all the good things I liked to do till we got married,and all that changed pretty much over night,LOL....
Then here I'am now trying to get things going again.Its almost like I took a time out and to get things all shaped up again in working order to be ready for the next vacation time.Im really looking forward to that.I also have a custom chevy Van that has a full size bed,t.v./,v.c.r./,a.c./swivel chairs,fully loaded and almost ready to go.Im going to tune it up and really get it road ready for along road trip that Im way over due.I wanted to tell you all about a couple I met while being broke down in the colorado high country,this older man and women stopped to offer me help,it was winter time as I was just about ready to head south for the winter.I had a blow out,the rear tire blew out.I was really cold after fixing the tire,but then as I let the jack down the tire didnt have enough air in it to hold the van up so I could drive away.I looked in my mirror and this older man was walking up to my van,and so I rolled down my window,and he said are you ok?I said well yes sir,Im okay I just need to get a can of fix-flat or some air to pump up my tire.That old man was every bit of 85 yrs old and his wife looked 90.Well anyways,they gave me a portable air pump to pump up my tire with,I tore out some of my speaker wires to make it reach from the back to the front battery to make it work.I said let me get back with you as soon as I pumped it up,as I was busy working to get the pump going,the older lady had written a note in the front seat of there car that said,dear fellow,we are mon a mission to work for our lord Jesus and we drive around looking for people like you that are broke down and needing help,so we are giving you the air pump to keep so if you ever needed it again you will have one,as we have plenty more in our trunk,so dont worry about sending it back to us,as we work for the lord to help others in need.I came out from around the front of my van and Im very hard of hearing too.I wear a hearing aid and total deaf in my left ear,and I didnt hear them open my door or drive off either.They left me a note and a envelope with 5 $100 dollar bills in it and to keep that air pump,and they drove off into the sunset.I never heard from them again or have I ever seen them again either.I looked around everywhere for them two older God loving people and they was long gone.

I have never forgot them,or have I ever forgot there good deeds they had done for me that fatefull cold winter day in Colorado High Country.I had sent in a classified add to the local news papers seeking the older couple who had helped the guy broke down in the mountians,I never recieved any response from them.But something I did do as they had done for me,I still have that air pump to this day,and it still works too.What I had done was,I did the same thing they had done for myself.I found someone broke down,and I helped them as the older couple did for me.Thats just the kind of person that I have been ever sence that cold day in Colorado Mountians.I have always been the type of person to stop and help someone in a time of need.Thats what I did that day on July 20th,2007.Only thing was I didnt know that guy was drunk and passed out.Yet a T.V. station who did a story on me had asked me,would you ever stop again to help someone??I said sure,but I will be more caution about it next time.Thank you all for taking the time to read my forum today.Have a great day,and remmber if you ever see someone broke down,check it out and help if you decide to help them just be carefull.Things are much differnt now days then back in the day in my time.
Buckskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Howdy, Buckskin,
Welcome aboard!

God bless,
Deacon Channing and Phyllis.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Hey Buckskin. It's hard to fathom and I just don't understand why some folks seem to have lots of hearts and flowers in their lives and some folks have a lot of pain. Boy I wish I could figure that out and distribute things a bit more evenly - but that is, as they say, way above my pay grade! What I can do is say welcome to the forums and pray that your therapy helps you to reach your goal of walking again. Either way - I hope you can continue to find ways to enjoy camping. It is its own medicine.

Cheers, Buckskin!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Howdy, Buckskin,
Welcome aboard!

God bless,
Deacon Channing and Phyllis.
Thank you very much.Im new here and still learning how to use the website.Im sure in time with a little help along my way,it will all work out,Have a great day...
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Hey Buckskin. It's hard to fathom and I just don't understand why some folks seem to have lots of hearts and flowers in their lives and some folks have a lot of pain. Boy I wish I could figure that out and distribute things a bit more evenly - but that is, as they say, way above my pay grade! What I can do is say welcome to the forums and pray that your therapy helps you to reach your goal of walking again. Either way - I hope you can continue to find ways to enjoy camping. It is its own medicine.

Cheers, Buckskin!
SteveSueMac,hi thanks for the comment,I was just explaining a story about what I been through in Colorado.As for the Pain and Therapy,believe me,its very painfull to walk without a hip or socket to hold my leg bone in place.I deal with so much pain mainly when its raining or cold outside,its just so hard to deal with it every single day.I try my best to cover it up,yet I cant at times.I just wished I could only walk,and get stronger to be back to normal again.I want to say thanks for your comment,at times I dont really know what to say.I dont want you to take me wrong or want you to think Im just complaining about my problems with pain.Im sorry if I did say anything wrong.I never meant to upset anyone if I did.Please forgive me,Have a nice day tommrow,its late got to get up and get my legs moving to help keep the pain levels down..