Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
She's Home!

We picked up our 2005 22' Safari on Friday and got her home yesterday. I've posted some pictures here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

We ended up having the dealer install the Equalizer wdh/sway combo and we LOVE it! NEVER felt an 18 wheeler all 8+ hours we were on the road. She towed like a dream! Backed her into the driveway with ease-well, I think I had to pull up only four times to get her over far enough so we could get our van in and out of the garage. Not so bad in the dark!

So the whole towing/backing in experience wasn't as bad as I expected-phew! She is now in storage-as we can't keep her at the house, but at least she's "home" now!

Thanks for all the help and karma! Maybe we'll meet up at a campfire one of these days!
FiveGreers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Congrats and what a beauty! If you're like we were the first night or two, you'll be looking out the window checking to see if she's really there. Let's go camping!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Sweet

congratulations on your new home away from home!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Wow!

Looks great! Did the kids claim the rear bed for them? As an aside, what ages are they? We have 10 and 6 yr. old girls - although they start off on the dinette, they end up in our bed, and then I claim the dinette as MINE!

Wife looks like this after
I like it alot!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Snug...

We've actually got THREE kids- -and one is claiming the floor! I was really overwhelmed looking at the 25' trailer, so I opted for the shorter 22'. After pulling her, I probably could have done the 25', but it's okay. We're hoping that two kids will fit on the dinette, one in the floor, and hopefully, DH and I will KEEP the bed for ourselves-lol! My parents have a 30' Excella, so when we go together, a kid or two will be able to bunk with them.

The bed is actually in the front of the coach. It's a great trailer and will serve us well once the kids move on-assuming we don't trade UP before then!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Grandparents - gotta love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveGreers
We've actually got THREE kids- -and one is claiming the floor! ... My parents have a 30' Excella, so when we go together, a kid or two will be able to bunk with them.....
I think I'd tell them that the dinette doesn't fold! More room next door!

Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Congratulations and what a beauty she is. What will her name be? I hope you have many years of happy camping and family fun with her. Travel safe.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #8
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
New AS

Wow ! She's a buit!

Welcome to the world of Airstream ownership.

I've got the 2005 25ft Safari LS. Suni and I love it!!

We were torn between getting the 22 or 25 ft. With the grandkids I'm glad we got the 25. It's all about preference

Anyway, may the winds be mild and your trips be joyful!

Take care,

R/
Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:17 AM   #9
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Congratulations and what a beauty she is. What will her name be? I hope you have many years of happy camping and family fun with her. Travel safe.
Chaplain Kent,
This very issue has been discussed on another board The current vote is for "The Silver Hussy" seeing how "SHE" displaced a beloved popup named "Zippy"

FiveGreers,
Nice unit and good choice on the hitch, same one I use and highly reccomend!

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Oh, yes, what's in a name-lol! I did love my pop up, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a name for this one! We are tossing around the idea of the "clubhouse"-since DH gave up his golf club membership so we could live out this dream first. But we're still not sure!

Safari-Rick, while we were waiting for our new gal to have the servicing done, we walked the lot and looked at all the other A/S-since DH hadn't seen ANY before this. We made the mistake of walking into a Safari 25' SS-and immediately fell in love! Had a sofa up front, dinette, queen (?) in back with the single bunk above-it would have fit our family of five perfectly!!! BUT, prior to towing the new gal home, I was absolutely convinced that I could not pull a 25'er-therefore we didn't look at them...until it was too late...oh well! DH wished he had a week to work on her with that one-lol! But we are extremely happy with ours and can't wait to take her on the first trip next month! She is a real cutie!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new arrival!

The 22' floorplans are my favorite, but my wife wanted the 28' so that is what we got. A wise man once told me that when momma wants to upgrade - shut up and let it happen!

I noticed the Equal-I-Zer hitch in the photos - we have one too - remember to grease the points of contact periodically and don't lose the pins!

Best of luck to you - post any questions or problems you may encounter here - lots of experienced streamers to help you get answers and solutions quickly!

steve
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by szy8xj
...and don't lose the pins!

steve
Oh my! Yeah, you wouldn't want them to disappear! We really do like the floorplan of the 22'. I never thought the towing would have been so effortless!! Knowing what I know now, we probably could have gone up to the 25' with no worries! But, geez, we've got a new, fantastic unit and can't wait to get out there and put her to the test with all five of us-lol! The kids are excited, as are we! The 5 year old wants to know where our numbers are- !!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #13

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by szy8xj
Congratulations on your new arrival!

The 22' floorplans are my favorite, but my wife wanted the 28' so that is what we got. A wise man once told me that when momma wants to upgrade - shut up and let it happen!

I noticed the Equal-I-Zer hitch in the photos - we have one too - remember to grease the points of contact periodically and don't lose the pins!

Best of luck to you - post any questions or problems you may encounter here - lots of experienced streamers to help you get answers and solutions quickly!

steve
FYI, Equal-i-zer sells a spare pin kit that has replacements for all the little things you can lose. I've never lost anything yet, but that's because I keep that little box in the van with me at all times. If I didn't have it I'm sure something would have been gone already.

That Equal-i-zer is a great hitch, I can't say enough about mine either.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #14
_

. , .
nice trailer 5g's.........

they really do pack alot of features into that footprint.....very tasteful too.

do the dinette seats/cushions have springs under them or a flat board like the ccd?

what'd ya mean storage? go campin' now! hope to see ya down the road.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
VERY nice
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
nice trailer 5g's.........

they really do pack alot of features into that footprint.....very tasteful too.

do the dinette seats/cushions have springs under them or a flat board like the ccd?

what'd ya mean storage? go campin' now! hope to see ya down the road.

cheers
2air'
Hey 2air-the dinette has the board as well. And storage-I know- -I wish we could have her here!! It really STINKS that she is not here at the house. I am on my way over to go see her now- !

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-
Would like another (Airstream), please!

Old 02-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
Craftsman

Very nice. I really like the fllor plan. It packs alot in 22' without making it look cramped.