Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #1

1986 Argosy
Crosby , Texas
Selling my 1987 Argosy Squarestream

I'm new here, and I appreciate being allowed in as a new member. I have a 1987 Argosy in superb condition, and I may be interested in selling it. However, I haven't a clue as to how much to ask. Believe it or not, a couple of years ago, I was offered 10,000 dollars for it. Unfortunately, at that time, I wasn't interested in doing so. If anyone has any advice/help for me, I am awaiting your expertise. Sincerely, Ronniebob
ronniebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Ronniebob,
Welcome to the forums, too bad your first post has to do with the sale of your trailer. You should list your trailer in the classified section of this forum, but that would be hard to do without knowing what it is worth. Based upon the year of the unit, I would guess that it is what we call a squarestream. That is it does not have the shape of a traditional Airstream trailer, but has flat sides and a flat roof. Basically, kind of square. They came in two flavors, fiberglass and aluminum, which is yours? How long is the unit would be another factor in setting a price as well as the condition of the unit. I can't help you much with the price, but another owner of the same vintage may pop in here and help you some more. Good luck with the trailer sale....

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Hello Ronniebob,this is where a few of us squarestreamer's post > top left of page,click "forums",then scroll down to trailer names,click "squarestream"! Ten grand is about what I would ask for mine (if it was for sale). Whats the last four of your vin number? Couple of us tring to figure out how many were built sense Airstream has very little info 'bout our trailer's. and welcome to the forum! Post some pics when you can!
Brian,the proud (2nd) owner of aluminum 1986 '32 Airstream Argosy (Squarestream) #305 Rare? It's either the Hemi Cuda of all Airstream's,or their Edsel.
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Keystone Heights , Florida
Under My Argossy

Hi Squareheads...

I've decided to overhaul my 86 argosy's septic system first. All the valves are stuck and I just want to get a good look at the entire system...tanks and all. I've noticed there is a large metal enclosure covering everything. I've started taking all the bolts out in hopes it will drop down uncovering everything. Has anyone ever done this to their 86 Argosy? Will I take out one too many bolts here causing the entire trailer to fall apart? I'm always very cautious about going where I've never been before.

mrglenn
mrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Squarestreams

HI
Sorry you joind us so late
If you go to the forums page,go to Airstream trailer forums near the bottom of page and click on Squarestreams you will find alot of info on Argosy squarestreams. Last ones with threads that sold where 1986 32 ft $6700 and 27 ft 1986 $4303.53
We sure would like the VIN # day,month and year made from your VIN data plate on the street side,forward end just above floor line for the squarestream registry that you can see on same site.