Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #1

Spofford , New Hampshire
Smile Seeking To Go Off The Grid!

Hello!

My wife and I are thinking of the Airstream Lifestyle full time. Looking at a 2007 30ft Classic SO Limited.

Suggestions from those of you in this lifestyle would be very much appreciated, especially your advice, suggestions or Airstream configurations.

Thanks
privacy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , Maine to Arizona
Bigger?

There are threads by fulltimers that might interest you. Search the forum.
Have noticed a preference for 34' but 30' might be good for you.
I guess it depends on how much you plan on moving.
Have you done much in a trailer? Can you live in a smaller space?
I could do it but the wife is a pack rat or is it I am the pack rat and she has the stuff.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
R
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
The wife and I are planning the same thing, {Lord Willing}, next spring. We have an 06 /30' Classic and think it will work well for us. One has to be willing to do without a lot of stuff. Storage as you will find out is very limited. I think we will have a small centrally located storage unit to keep seasonal items. I would suggest something we have done. We started by doing extended trips. We've RVed all our life but mostly vacation trips of a couple weeks at a time . In preparation we extended to 3 weeks a couple times then 4, then a couple months twice. What this helps do, in my opinion, is to see the items you can do with out and those you need. Personally I think if you don't use something in a couple months you can do without it. Same goes for things you really have to have with you. A second thing these extended trips will do is help determine if you and the wife are on the "same page" when it comes to giving up a permanent residence. Some folks are cut out for it, some are not. For us this transition will not be as big a step as for some folk. We sold our house and moved to an appartment 3 years ago in preparation for this. We're excited about making this move. Good luck with your change of life style.-----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
somewhere , on the road
a year +

We've been full-time travelling and working from the road for over a year now...it's a learning curve that's for sure. Most important thing to have is patience.

We've blogged the entire experience, including the renovation of our 1963 Airstream Flying Cloud. We'd be happy to answer any questions.

~L&B

Find & Share Great Campsites: Campendium
flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by privacy2
Hello!

My wife and I are thinking of the Airstream Lifestyle full time. Looking at a 2007 30ft Classic SO Limited.

Suggestions from those of you in this lifestyle would be very much appreciated, especially your advice, suggestions or Airstream configurations.

Thanks
I've got the 2004 model and from my standpoint the smaller closet on this model would be a drawback from a full timing standpoint.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote