Old 10-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Currently Looking...
Williamsburg , Virginia
Searching with regret

Hello to everyone and thank you for being here.
We have been lovers and owners of a 1978 GMC motor home. It has been reassuring to have the GMC Forum to guide us. We are pleased to find an Airstream forum to come to for help. We are now in the process of considering selling our GMC and stepping into an Airstream. We love the layout of the double bed in the Tradewind and the Overlander, and that's what we are looking for. The lack of storage is something we are very aware of so that comes as no surprise as we look at the Airstream.
Our first stop was here at the Air Forum to learn all we can about our 2 choices and see what maintenance is involved in owning one of these "aluminum snails' as my grand kids call them.
We will be sorry to see our motor home go, but we are ready for a new adventure.

GMCtoAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Welcome to the AS forms. I had Airstream trailers, an Argosy then an Airstream Motorhome, then a GMC motorhome, and now back to the trailers for my only RV's. I never was without a trailer, just had multiple units.

Yes, the GMC forums are great, and you will find that the AS forms are equally as helpful.

You will also find that a trailer is much less complicated to own and maintain than the GMC. I loved the beastie, but something was always needing repair and cut into my camping time.

idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Welcome to the forum! Are you looking at vintage then? Are you interested in doing a restoration?

There's lots of info here and folks willing to help, ask away!
Shelly : TAC NH-6 | AIR 41359
Visit my blog!
Parts needed : Braund Antenna front tube fold down model!
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Humm. Some folks we know in ALbuquerque had a beautiful GMC motorhome, then sold it and got an Airstream motorhome, a beautiful classic!

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote