Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
Gerry in Canada

1997 28' Excella
Weyburn , Saskatchewan
Smile Saskatchewan

Hi people My wife and I purchased a 1972 23 Foot safari Twin Bed with Tamden Tires last Summer and have been working on it for about six months No parts around here have to either make or order from Can-am in London Ontario But Haveing a blast Not to Much wrong This Forum is very good Not much on 1972's
Gerry Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome to the forums. While there isn't a lot of specific info on 72's, these trailers don't change much year to year. Many of the systems have remained unchanged for decades. So... if you have a question about plumbing (for instance) try looking in the subforum dedicated to that topic, rather than in the 72 section.

Good luck.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
A buddy of mine bought a 2004 28 footer that had been wrecked while travelling through Saskatchewan (the folks were from Atlanta) and the trailer was in a storage compound in Regina. He bought it off of eBay. He lives in Fernie, BC, so headed back there and completely disassembled the unit and hauled the parts home, including the frame. He's intending to install them in his '47 Curtis-Wright he's restoring.

My wife's sister and family live in Regina but her in-laws (Marinos) live in Weyburn. I have a friend in Moose Jaw who has found a 1965 what he thinks is a 17 or 18 footer he's looking at down your way, and he's also run across others that were not for sale. He tours around the countryside quite a bit and was surprised at the number of Airstreams he's found. How many that actually is I don't know, but he says they pop up in the most unusual of places.

Welcome aboard. I don't think there are too many folks from Saskatchewan on the forum. Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Welcome from Virginia!

I have been goose hunting in Sask a couple of times in the last 5 years, and am planning to visit some of the friends I've made as we pass through on the way to Alaska this summer. Beautiful country, wonderful people. I am looking forward to seeing it when there is still green to be seen, as the dominant color in the late fall is brown.

Good luck with your "new" 72 Safari.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Welcome!

Hi Gerry and family! Sounds like a wonderful trailer, gotta love those 70s vintage Airstreams.
Wow Saskatchewan, birthplace of Gordy Howe the world's greatest hockey player! Course in Michigan we show respect and call him "Mr. Hockey."
Old 01-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Gerry:

I'm in Toronto but was born and brought up in Regina.
When I was first looking for an Airstream I looked at one near Carlyle Lake, owned by an 85 year old former Mr. Justice Somebody in the Saskatchewan Superior Courts. Another at a farm near Redvers.
Finally I found a 1976 Argosy near Ottawa, Ontario which I am now "contemporizing" at Aylmer, near to Can Am in London.
I don't have a good impression of them. They did some very sloppy work on my trailer and are unreliable in my experience.
Not so much on an Airstream is Airstream specific and you can source a good deal of stuff in the regular RV or Marine industry. There is also an Airstream dealer in Calgary now I believe. Vancouver too. And many in the American mid west that you can order from. ( A really good one in Iowa apparently)
The Forum is very helpful. Just follow it or ask it questions.
Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
I believe the Calgary Airstream dealer is Novak RV. I've not dealt with them for many years, but they have been around for long time and seem to have a strong client base. When I was dealing with them, and again it's been many years, the service was very good, prices were very competitive, and they were sincerely interested in my project at the time. A lot can change over the years but it may not hurt to give them a call. They are on the east end of Calgary, near the airport, on Barlow trail or just off it. A tad closer for you and no provincial sales tax in Alberta......... Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #8

Castlegar , British Columbia
Hi I'm looking for a rv inspector in the Regina Saskatchewan area,if any one knows of someone I'd appreciate it.
Sarahinbc is offline   Reply With Quote