Old 01-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Redwood City , California
San Francisco Bay Area native about to join the train!

Hi All!
I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native - born and raised. I've been lurking here for quite some time learning all the ins and outs of finding, buying, fixing and enjoying an Airstream. I joined today because I am finally serious about purchasing and am so grateful for all the knowledge I've gained from these forums specifically. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I have between 5-8 years left with my daughters at home and I'm hoping we can find the perfect trailer to use during that time. Once they leave I plan on a full remodel so I can finally escape the madness of the Bay Area housing market and live my dream of seeing this amazing country, meeting wonderful people and surfing as much as possible

ncalsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Welcome to the forum. Question: we have family in Palo Alto, Ca. & plan on a trip out there this summer with a side trip to San Francisco, is there a city RV park there as my last trip was in the 80's & I remember staying in city campground?
Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Redwood City , California
I don't believe there are any RV/Trailer campgrounds near Palo Alto. Portola Valley Redwoods State Park and Big Basin are probably the closest, also some spots on the Coast in Half Moon Bay and a little further south. But all these are 30 - 45 minutes away from Palo Alto. Good luck!
ncalsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Southaven , Mississippi
Welcome to the group.
Dalwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
I think Candlestick RV Park is still open. Not in the city proper but around the corner so to speak and city transportation. Doesn't get great reviews but might be worth checking into.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hanalei, /Chino Valley , Hawaii / Arizona
Aloha and welcome to the forum Ncalsurfer!
I've been traveling the west coast the last couple of years and am drawn to the surfing areas even tho I'm past my surfing years.
I've noticed that small motorhomes fit the lifestyle best. Thay can be parked at spots where a truck and trailer would not fit. Nor does my 345 motorhome. They still offer some accommodations yet can fit into the spots you want to access .

The surf spots are loaded with micro busses, cabover pickups, conversion vans, class c RVs. That will fit into the spots available.

Check out the airstream B van for an affordable airstream option, the smaller classic 20' / 24' motorhome would do the trick also.

These type of units are well suited to the underground park and camp situation that suits the needs of the traveling surfer better than a more conspicuous large R V.
Just some thoughts from an old surfer who's had to drive away from many spots where my rig would not fit.

Good luck in your search and do keep,us posted on your quest.

Cheers Richard

tevake is offline   Reply With Quote