Old 01-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Florence , Alabama
Returning Members

Hello everyone, we are returning members who had a 2005 Safari Bunkhouse that we sold to buy a Bluebird Wanderlodge. The Bird was big, wonderful, but expensive to operate, so we sold it and "downsized" to a Nexus Phantom Super C. The Phantom was great; stop, push a button to level, and you're set for the night. Get up in the morning, push a button, and your off. Too easy, but again, a little expensive to operate. Then we were infected with Airstream fever again last summer after camping at Stone Mountain outside Atlanta during an Airstream Rally. Once infected, the only treatment is owning an Airstream. We have also learned the RV purchasing experience has changed since buying our first Airstream at an RV show in 2005; the internet has significantly changed the RV buying process. After searching multiple Airstream dealers on line, we found a dealer with a International Serenity 30RBQ and who would give us a fair trade in on our Phantom. So, the deal is done and our Airstream is home. We are very excited about returning to the Airstream community. One thing we liked about our Bird was the strong online forum community which was essential to Bluebird ownership. I can see the same holds true for the Airstream and we are happy to be back. The old and new are in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0571.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	332105  

Old 01-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Hello from Colorado: Welcome back. Thanks for the great introduction describing your experiences with the motorhome side of traveling. I have a good friend who recently purchased a Thor 35' diesel pusher. It seems like a well built rig, and it rides wonderfully. It is quite nice inside too. They will live in it during the winter months down south somewhere. He does not like towing trailers. It is much different than our Airstreams.

The internet certainly adds much more visibility to the marketplace. I bought my vintage Overlander here on Air Forums Classifieds from a private seller. They were very nice and I know exactly what I was paying for. Worked well for me.

David

WBCCI #8607
VAC Region 11

Link to my 1975 Overlander Improvement Journal:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f17...ml#post2053792
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Welcome back. AS to Moho to SC to AS makes for a very interesting path to adventure.

Travel safe and enjoy chasing those smiles. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote