Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Wow! You are all truly amazing... I never expected to get so many great thoughts and ideas so quickly. I have printed many of these posts, and we are compiling a binder now so we can refer back to them every time we have a spare moment to hook up and go!

Keep it coming, and I will get pix up soon. We are scheduled to take delivery the first week of April; perfect timing for Spring camping!

Hibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2008 25' Safari FB SE
grand rivers , Kentucky
We LOVE Michigan IN THE SUMMER! You are only 170 miles from Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore near Empire MI. We have been National Park campground hosts there for the last two years and had a great time. If you happen to be eligible for the Senior Pass, National Park campgrounds are half price so you could afford a few more "mistakes"

After our two months at Sleeping Bear, we took six weeks to see the Lake Superior shoreline from White Fish Point MI to Split Rock MN and visited many of the lighthouses along that Lake. Most of the state park campgrounds were OK, but sites are very close and would be crowded in high season. Many towns have township or county parks that are great also. Do some google searching and look at Woodals or other directories. We traded our 22' Safari for a 25' safari after six weeks in Maine, so be prepared for even more changes in you aluminum lifestyle

bfusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I can't believe Lou or Carol didn't mention the Metro Detroit Rally!! We are pretty sure it will be August 20-22 in Milan. Come on down! We would sure like to meet ya!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lou did! MI Rally, posts #12 and #14!!! You see it now right? I confess I was thinking rallies as an event and not a location or travel destination, sorry! But everyone should come for a great time with great people! Kid and dog friendly!!! Cat not so much...ok just kidding. I will have to keep a tighter leash on that darn cat!

Hibby likes boats and is near Grand Rapids at least for the RV show, RR came to mind, it's nearby. I was going to make more posts. I am just giving others a chance to post.

Whose got pictures?

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
Great story. Welcome to the forums. Lots of luck and fun with your new toy. Susan
Bo&Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
The First Try.

Hooray! We took delivery about week ago and we managed to pull it off without any major catastrophes! I appreciate all of the lists on this forum for what to pack...
Our fall vacation is a Michigan U.P. Camping trip, and we will definitely visit the Munising Municipal Tourist Park (thanks, AirsDream!).

Here's a photo of our 11 year old labrador (Benjamin) watching anxiously for my wife who has mysteriously disappeared into what appears to be a giant can of premium dog food! Sorry for the poor picture quality, but I took it with my phone:

(Note to self.... Add camera to the packing list!)

Hibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #21
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like it was all kismet---just meant to be.

We adore the UP, and cruising around the lakeshore, staying at the local campgrounds. They are nothing fancy, but anything on Lake Superior.......

Travel safe,

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:35 AM   #22
Rivet Master
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Metro Detroit rally

Sounds like you will be having lots of summer fun!
The MI group, plus lots of Ohioans, plus lots of others has been scheduled. We are getting together Aug. 20-22 at Indian Creek CG at Tecumseh, MI. It is listed on the calendar page now.(Metro-Detroit Rally) We hope that you will have time to come and meet all of us. We usually have a fun weekend! It is a nice family weekend!
Lou and Larry

Larry and Lou
CP: Water/30 amp/waste dump/WIFI & Room for 2-3 units; PM us if you are headed our direction!
Air #2695
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote