Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #1

1976 Argosy 28
Bitely , Michigan
Pure craziness!

So. I you could say am a purest. I have never camped in a travel trailer and
Never wanted to own one. I am/was a rustic camper. HOWEVER that all changed the day I got a photo from my boyfriend of my 1976 Argosy (that and back surgery). So "free" he says, in good condition he says, 1976 he says. And a week later on the Fourth of July it arrived complete with moss growth and mouse pee. The morning after it arrived I opened the door coffee in one hand and cleaner in the other... And I hadn't looked back since (its been two weeks)!
Swans1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

It will be worth all the hard work the first time you take her camping. Congratulations!

Careful with you back though
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Pictures?!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Pure craziness!

Greetings Swans1976!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swans1976 View Post
So. I you could say am a purest. I have never camped in a travel trailer and Never wanted to own one. I am/was a rustic camper. HOWEVER that all changed the day I got a photo from my boyfriend of my 1976 Argosy (that and back surgery). So "free" he says, in good condition he says, 1976 he says. And a week later on the Fourth of July it arrived complete with moss growth and mouse pee. The morning after it arrived I opened the door coffee in one hand and cleaner in the other... And I hadn't looked back since (its been two weeks)!
You aren't doing too badly if the worst of what you have found is some moss on the exterior and the remnants from a few mice. The Argosy 28 had two roomy floorplans . . . rear bathroom or rear bedroom. The rear bedroom floorplan pioneered the use of the Panoramic window with deep-wrap wing windows on the rear of the coach as well as the front. These rear bedroom Argosy travel trailers had a tremendous amount of light entering the interior from these two large expanse of window glass.

If you haven't discovered the thread for the Argosy VIN Registry, Forums members are trying to gather Argosy data in that thread (See This Link). We always enjoy and appreciate photos here on the Forums!!

Good luck with your Argosy!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Sounds like you are looking at the light at the end of the tunnel which of course is that comming from a camper that is not doing well on the hard ground! We all love pictures so ya gonna post some?
Cliff
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #6

1976 Argosy 28
Bitely , Michigan
My daughter and I already went. But that was where it sits now out by our poll barn. She is three and loved it! But I am really excited for real camping! We enjoy fixing things...
Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #7

1976 Argosy 28
Bitely , Michigan
It does have the bedroom in the back and it's totally awsome back there! And I guess because the bathroom is in the middle it's good? Because of less sagging?
We haven't got to the dirty stuff yet, need to replace part of the floor where its rotted either from the window by door (I calked it last week) or water tank but we haven't pulled anything yet...