Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
Proud new parents of an AS Safari!

My wife Sue and I just adopted a 2008 22 ft. Safari here in Colorado. It is our "practice" Airstream for ultimate retirement in a larger one. Heading out for our favorite spot (Sylvan Lake) next weekend. I have laready found some of the forums helpful for tips on maintenance, etc. Can't believe noone had snatched Air-Hed as a member name. I'm certain what we named our trailer ("Our Silver Lining") is only used a thousand times. Happy Streaming to all!

Air-Hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Welcome aboard ! We started with a small trailer as well (already retired) and moved into a larger one after two years. Worked out very well because the experience taught us more precisely what we really needed in an Airstream and it's tow vehicle. We enjoyed that trailer very much, and are thrilled with the new one.

We also learned the unique maintenance requirements of Airstreams. Frequent issues with shell corrosion (cosmetic) and panoramic window leaks are preventable/repairable. We learned the use and limits of the mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems. And we learned how nicely these independent suspension, aerodynamic, low profile trailers move down the road.

You will learn about Airstreaming and enjoy the experience, great way to travel before and after retirement. Congratulations !

doug k
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote