Old 06-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Murray , Utah
Possible new owner of '69 Overlander

First off, thank you to the owners of this board and to the members who fill it with excellent content for a possible new owner of an Airstream Travel Trailer.

Having recently sold the boat, my wife and I want something else as a family activity so I have my eyes on a '69 Overlander.

It appears to be in good shape, but I found this site AFTER I looked at the trailer. I don't want to bug the current owner too much as he is still unsure if he wants to sell or not, but want to take another look and check for the following::
  • Water damage on the floor back in the bathroom.
  • Water damage on the floor under the couch.
  • The state of all windows (I know that one of the front rounded windows is broken but don't know about any others)
The trailer has been sitting to the side of his house for 4 years, plugged into electrical and all lights work.

Is the only way to check the water systems is to fill a tank, run the pump to pressurize and see what happens? Or is there a less invasive way to check?

What else should I look for?

Plus, does anyone know the outside dimensions of the '69 Overlander? I have limited storage space to the side of my house and I want to know if it will fit.

TIA, and I apologize for the many questions. But I know there will be more if/when I do purchase the trailer.

Hind-Sight is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search