Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #1

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Ok, Ok, We're Joining!

Hello Everybodies,
After months of tiptoeing around the forum - both before and after our big purchase - it is indeed time. Time to officially become a part of this amazing place in cyberspace. The forum has been an incredible resource for us as we read/studied the stories, discussions, debate, banter and cautionary tales while we were pondering pitching the pop-up and movin' on up. So now maybe we can help some other people as our learning curve is proving to be one heckuva ride!

But after driving 900 miles to Indiana to pick up Agatha, a.k.a. Aggie (Ag, silver, get it?), it was indeed at first sight. And well worth a few bumps in the road.

Thanks for having us!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Welcome to the forums, I bet you two are giddy with excitement. And for the record, it is pretty tuff to pass a geek based (chemistry or otherwise) jest past this crowd. I cant wait to see pictures and to hear of your travels.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegandMac

Thanks for having us!
Defiinitely our pleasure. Consider yourselves 'had'. But really all that "tiptoeing around" wasn't necessary for this community welcomes all AG lovers with hugs. I will look forward to your posts.......and PICTURES..we love pictures. Welcome.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Wilcomen to the forums...we're here when you need us.

Steve
Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
You won't be sorry!

...about buying an Airstream or about joining this forum!

I've been here almost three years and wow, it made a tremendous difference in bringing me up to speed fast. Airstreaming is much more fun when you (a) know that you're doing things safely and (b) you run into great people along the way.

I visited a client Friday and asked him why he had his three trailers hitched tail down. Got him as a client after I explained about the problems and how the fix would save him money on tire wear as well as making it a safer tow.

Happy Trails, Paula
Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Welcome for sure. But brand new? You are going to miss all of that rebuilding fun. Photos and reports of use are always welcome. New coach karma on the way.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. Were glad to have you with us. Agatha is a good name for an Airstream. Travel safe and we hope to meet you on the road.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
MegandMac... Welcome to the Airforums...glad you decided to join in the fun... You already know how much info and support there is here...now we have the pleasure of your company,too!

Congrats on the new baby, too...

TB )O
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Welcome MegandMac

Hi "neighbors,"

I am just 50 miles west of Charlotte. Glad to know there are more people in this area being bitten by the silver bug.

Plan to come to the FALLUMINUM rally in Hiawassee, GA October 26-26, 2007. It will be a great rally to bring the trailer to. It's not too far! I hope you can make it!

I look forward to meeting you sometime and seeing the new trailer.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Ditto on Silver Hobby's comments about coming to Falluminum. We always love to welcome newbies and look at your new toy! It will be a great time with some great folks!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #11

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Well thanks guys! Everyone of you!! And ok, I'll admit, maybe we didn't tiptoe around the forum, but we were very cautious . . . we could definitely feel it s-u-c-k-i-n-g us in! We haven't thought this hard about doing something (buying Agatha) since we decided to have kids! So what kind of pics do you want? I'm all about "decorating" this condo on wheels.

We appreciate the invitations to the various rallies - even got a phone call last night. Our challenge is that we have one last child at home - a senior in high school - so we are not quite footloose yet. But as General Disarray mentioned - we are indeed giddy!

As to why we bought brand new - good question. Mac is exceptionally good at building and fixing just about anything. But buying a vintage Airstream right now meant delayed gratification. And I must admit, we were ready to hit the road now. I think that comes with the anticipation of an empty nest next year. Now that we have Aggie, we talk often about now rescuing an old Airstream, one that needs and will require some real love. So where do you find them? In fields parked behind barns long forgotten?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Welcome!

Hi Meg and Mac! Welcome to the Forums and to the illness we are afflicted with called Aluminitus. Aluminitus comes in handy when you are looking for an old Airstream trailer because any glint of silver in driveways, backyards, country fields, or boneyards makes you turn your head .

Enjoy your new silver palace!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegandMac
Well thanks guys! Everyone of you!! And ok, I'll admit, maybe we didn't tiptoe around the forum, but we were very cautious . . . we could definitely feel it s-u-c-k-i-n-g us in! We haven't thought this hard about doing something (buying Agatha) since we decided to have kids! So what kind of pics do you want? I'm all about "decorating" this condo on wheels.

We appreciate the invitations to the various rallies - even got a phone call last night. Our challenge is that we have one last child at home - a senior in high school - so we are not quite footloose yet. But as General Disarray mentioned - we are indeed giddy!

As to why we bought brand new - good question. Mac is exceptionally good at building and fixing just about anything. But buying a vintage Airstream right now meant delayed gratification. And I must admit, we were ready to hit the road now. I think that comes with the anticipation of an empty nest next year. Now that we have Aggie, we talk often about now rescuing an old Airstream, one that needs and will require some real love. So where do you find them? In fields parked behind barns long forgotten?

Ah yes ........the Instant Gratification Syndrome, probably accounts

for the majority of new Airstream Sales!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ANYWHERE, IT'S HARD TO MAKE A COMEBACK.

Have fun and post some photos asap
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Where to find 'em? Keep a sharp eye out as you travel. My last find was in a city neighborhood near my aunt and uncle. It was overgrown by trees and was almost black from tree "droppings" over the years. I saw the owner out in the yard raking leaves, asked if he wanted to sell, (there wasn't a sign), and the rest is history. I'll have to admit, I have been told to leave the yard of a few that weren't for sale, but you never know until you ask. Good luck
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote