Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rochester , New Hampshire
OK folks, I'm back.

I havn't been on the forum for awhile, or at least not to post. The wife and I are still looking. We have been looking at the Class B Airstreams. Anyone out there have one that would be willing to share info? I will be retiring on Jan 31st. We don't want to go full-timing at least not yet but would like to travel this great country of ours.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Sorry, I can't help with an Airstream B Class, but we have owned 3 Pleasureway B Class, so can comment on a B.

We travelled many miles in our Bs. We loved the ease of travelling and hooking up. Very easy to drive. However, I like the luxury of a Suburban or Avalanche and an AS tt. Our Bs were basic truck cabs, not very quiet. We towed our AS over 20,000 miles in 07, and do not miss the B, except the built in generator.

In the Bs, we preferred the regular twin bed set up, not the sofa that made into twins. The main reason we don't have a B now is the size of the bath. I think the AS B has a better bath, especially shower space. We travel, not camp. Just used them to sleep and drive, but with our two small dogs, the B was a nice way to go.

We also used the B when we had to evacuate for hurricanes. We did spend 4 nights parked in one place, and did just fine. My husband and I do not watch the same tv programs, so even in the B we had two tvs with headsets.

I'm sorry that I am not better at writing what I am thinking, but hope you get the idea. We loved our Bs, but love our tt too. That, because it is an Airstream. Now, we would not own a B, A or tt that is NOT an AS. If you have any questions or want to be talked into or out of, please let me know. One of the Bs we only had for a short time as the beds were so bad. Lesson learned. Another we traded to get a 6 inch wider bath. Little things like that. But, a B is a "no fuss" way to go.
starflyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rochester , New Hampshire
Thanks for the info. Rest assured, I will no doubt have many questions and I am not the least bit bashful about asking. We are still in the looking stage (for the past 3 years) and have just about decided on a 'B' but maybe a tt. We have ruled out 'A's' and fivers for a variety of reasons, one being the price of fuel. We really do like the AS especially the Classic. We will look at the pros and cons of both and hopefully make an informed decision. Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I know nothing about class B's. However I followed one up the 405 (a horrible fwy here in Los Angeles) and was impressed by it's speed 70's over a rough and uneven road surface. It looked to be riding smooth and absolutely did not have a leaning lena hold on tight van body movement even in the curves.

Good luck.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote