Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2007 25' Safari
North Port , Florida
Now We've done it!

Greetings all,
Well, a few years ago, getting to old to tent camp, I built a Teardrop with a queen bed. We have done most of the East coast and in to GA, TN, KY. All very nice.
Now getting I am about to do more travel and less/NO work. Our plan was to find a little larger camper and just go..... Having lived on a sail boat for five years we think we can do this.

So, last week we saw an Ad for a 2007 Safari 25 w/twins. This is what we have been looking for........We jumped over the edge. She is beautiful and actually has much more room than our 35' Sailboat.

Now I need a TV, My Outback is not going to do it. And I guess I have a 5x10 ft Teardrop called TEARSTREAM for sale.

Thank you all for being here. I have learned so much perusing the forums.

Pictures will follow.

Tom and Barbara
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Welcome to the forum. My background is similar. A life time of tent camping, 10 years living and cruising onboard a 32 ft Pearson Vanguard and then moving to an Airstream. Also my little 17 ft. Bambi II has more usable interior space than my boat did. When I first starting camping in her it felt like all the room I needed, however after a year’s use it is feeling more than a little cramped. Thanking real hard about moving up to something in the 23 ft range.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote