Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions

Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1978 31' Sovereign
Charlottetown , PEI
Our 78 Sovereign was beautiful to me, but yellowed inside from years of heavy smoking from it's previous owner. And I mean yellow. The best product that I used to clean the inside was Mean Green. Even after I used some of the other products, when I used it, more brown would run down my arm. I can't give much advice on plumbing, so that's all I have for you.
Welcome to Airstream Life. It will be very good to you and your family. Your unit can be anything that you want. Isn't it fun how they look so similar to other units on the outside, but when you step inside, are so totally personalized and unique. Have fun.

------------------Melissa ------------------
WBCCI # 9099
PEI, Canada
silverbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #16
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member
1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Welcome! You certainly are in the right place for all things Airstream.

Welcome to the adventure!

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Just curious though, how is it a hippie dream? I ask because more than one of my friends has "hippie frank" or "hippie" as the listing on their cell phones for me.
Dude, have you ever been to Boulder or Golden, CO? If you had, it might be easier to understand the moniker...
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Far out! maybe we can trade peeks at each others' rigs someday. Peace and love- tim
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Ditto Hampstead38

Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
Very well put Hampstead38!!!
You'll get tons of good advice here - and quite a few heated opinions. IMHO, Hampstead38 gave you some of the best. THINK, THINK, THINK, plan & research a lot.

Draw up a formal plan (allow for slippage because doo-doo occurs). Involve the children even if they are just out of the cookie crumbler stage. They CAN help polish; if you need to patch the floor, their tiny persons can scoot under the Airstream and help daddy and mommy pick up dropped tools, and their shortness will come in handy if you want to apply tire black to the wheels!

The more they feel it is THEIR Airstream too, the more enjoyment you all will get out of it. OH, and start camping the minute you have a sound floor and no mouse droppings - kids just LOVE to make smores around a campfire and use their sleeping bags, even if it's in the driveway or a camping spot three miles from home.

Happy Trails.
Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1972 Argosy 20
Tallahassee , Florida
A 31 footer is not bad for a starter. In fact it is a good choice for most any need. I am starting in the Airstream field with a 72 Argosy 20 which is a shell with a home made entry door. There is a lot of work to do. There is almost no plumbing or electric left in it.
I have replaced the rotted flooring which was a lot of flooring. I have purchased a furnace, entry door, water heater, fantastic fan, and a few other itims. As basic things progress, I'll build a dinette and couch/bed frame. Soon I'll put more of it together and it will look like a real camping trailer.
Good luck as you progress with your project.
I don't look like a hippie any more.

Bo Walker is offline   Reply With Quote