Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Redmond , Washington
Not TinaBoomerin - Should be TinaBoomerina

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually Tina Boomerina (not TinaBoomerin). The sign-up truncated my last name and I didn't catch it. So, now my last name doesn't rhyme with my first name.

Actually, Tina Boomerina is not my real name, it's my pen name, but my real last name is hard to spell...so why use it? "Boomerin" is a bit like boomerin' down the road so I can live with this wrong nickname for a while.

Anyway, I'm in the Seattle area and I just decided I might have to get a little Airstream Bambi. I'm into minimalism and I've spent a few weeks traveling in a 60's hippie van (with a friend), so I think I can handle the small space. I don't have a trailer or an RV. I've never had a trailer or an RV. I never thought I would EVER want a trailer or an RV until last month.

I know nothing about trailers.

I know that what I want is somewhat expensive. I know that I'll have to talk my husband into getting a new truck so we can pull the Bambi.

That's all I know.

I've never even been inside a Bambi. Do any of you Bambi owners live in the Seattle area? Would you let me look inside your rig for a minute? Can you tell me where to start? Can you tell me how to rent a Bambi for a day or two? Anything you can tell me would be a HUGE help... even if you aren't in my part of the world.
tinaboomerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Hey Tina!! I'm on the search for a Bambi (or similar small AS) as well. To answer one of your questions, there is not a way to rent an AS. There is a company called Airstream 2 Go, LLC that is apparently supposed to kick up sometime this year, but the website hasn't changed, and I emailed someone a month ago & still haven't gotten a response. California has several places to stay in an Airstream (hotel style) but not one that you drag around yourself.

The way I hear it, find a meet up/rally that's going on in your area & drop in. I plan to hit the one here in NC in a few weeks. Until then, immerse yourself in these message boards. There's so much great information within these forums....you'll find lots of answers to your questions here.

Good luck with your search!

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Redmond , Washington
Thank you so much Lonewolf. I will check that out. Thanks for the info.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE. I CHANGED MY NAME TO BOOMERINA. I REPOSTED RIGHT ABOVE THIS. SO, GIVE ME INFO THERE. OR HERE... OR WHEREVER.
tinaboomerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Why not take a trip across town trip to Adventures NW Airstream dealer and look at the various models?

Welcome - if you are not just trollin'
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote